Chapter 4: John Gutter

(P.O.V: Y/N)

[TOWER LOBBY]

This area seemed almost just like the other, at least that's what it seemed like to you. Something you noticed was that the level felt...darker, in a way. You pushed that feeling off, and once again, there was a doorway. You took a quick look inside. Just there, you thought you heard some familiar noises, you thought you heard Peppino! Without any more hesitation, you ran into the level.

[JOHN GUTTER]

It was kinda more of the same, though it definitely had an odd vibe. You walked on cautiously, noticing cheese smeared on the floor... a lot of cheese smeared on the floor, all in different places. You had your eyes on a certain one, was it moving..? No, it couldn't be- suddenly two eyes appeared from the cheese, as it lifted itself from the ground, revealing itself to be some weird cheesy blob!

"Ggghhbbrhhh..."

It scooted around on the floor, slowly coming your way. You stepped over it and moved on, making the subconscious decision to ignore whatever you happened to see. Some more walking later, you see a giant fork unattended on the ground, which could probably be used for self-defence, so you pick it up to take with you. You did see more cheese- based enemy's as you went, but they all seemed too scared to go up and fight you. Maybe it was the fork, or maybe they'd already gotten in a fight. They already seemed kinda beat up. You heard the sounds of Peppino screaming again, but this time of anger rather than fear and pain

"VAFFANCULO!"

You started to get more and more scared as you sped up, determined to find Peppino. Just then, something ran into you at high speeds, but it was so fast you didn't see what it was. You rubbed your head, groaning. You looked up only to see Peppino, and he looked incredibly concerned. He grabbed your arm, helping you up.

"Mama Mia! A-Are you okay, Y/N? I didn't-a mean to knock-a you over, but we have no time!"

You still felt dazed, and Peppino's words made no sense to you.

"You knocked me over? How were you so fast- And what's the rush? What are you doing?"

You took a quick look behind Peppino after seeing something from the corner of your eyes, and you saw the toppings behind Peppino, like in that tutorial place. They also seemed incredibly panicked, like Peppino. And someone else too, a small pink brick person. They were pink and were wearing blue overalls and hat. They were holding a mop and seemed indifferent to everything. You wanted to ask a lot of questions, but then Peppino started running again, this time dragging you along.

"L-Look, it's-a pizza time! If we don't get out, we'll-a die!"

He yanked you, and you dropped the fork, but considering Peppino's speed... You weren't sure you'd need it. Peppino was blasting through enemies faster than you'd ever seen! It was honestly impressive. As you ran, more enemy's spawned, but Peppino smashed them away instantly, the speed was actually starting to make you feel sick. Just as this feeling crept up on you, he abruptly stopped. Your vision was a bit blurry, and you felt dizzy but it went away, and you saw a door with the pink brick man on it.

"Alright-a Gerome, we're here. Can you-a open the door?"

Peppino asked, clearly pressed for time

"Give me a second, jeez."

He went to the door and fumbling finding the right key on his small key ring. Judging by what Peppino said, he was probably named Gerome. He opened the door and stepped to the side. Peppino ran in, and came out with a stick of butter, stuffing it in his pocket.

"Peppino, that's gonna get smushed-"

You tried to warn, but he did it anyways

"Oh, nonsense. Theres-a like... some weird cartoon logic, it'll be fine."

You looked to the janitor and he nodded, confirming the statement.

"Well Huh..."

That's kinda good to know... I guess? Then, Peppino grabbed your hand again, running off at fast speeds so he could get out. It was hard to tell what was happening, he was running and jumping all over the place. He screeched to a halt again. This time at the door you entered through, which he placed you at.

"Okay, listen up! I gotta do-a this weird lap 2 thing so I can get a P rank...whatever that-a is...just- just-a wait outside for me, you probably-a shouldn't come-a with me!"

Peppino started explaining franticly, but your thoughts and his words were interrupted by laughing...You both turned to see Pizzaface laughing maniacally.

"HAHAHAHA! Peppino! You're really in for it now, you- huh..?"

Pizzaface then stared at you. He stopped whatever evil speech he was about to say and just stared. This was the first time you'd seen him, he sure was a pizza, though you had no idea how that could possibly work...And you had no time to think, either, as Peppino pushed you through the door, and you exited the level.

[Rank: C]

(P.O.V: Nobody, a couple minutes later)

Peppino sprinted to the exit door, successfully clearing the level with his desired P rank! Pizzaface wasn't able to catch him, but didn't mind, he was thinking about something else.

"YOU! Worker!"

He pointed to a forknight who was getting himself up after being shoved by Peppino.

"Who was that other person with Peppino? You saw them before, right? Who are they!?"

Pizzaface asked sternly

"Well- Well uhm... okay let's see, so there's Peppino and he has three friends, Gustavo, Mr Stick and... Y/N! I think that's who you're talking about!"

The forknight answered

"Y/N, huh?"

Pizzaface mumbled

"Guess I'll have to keep an eye out..."