In the Beginning

"Life ain't easy, he said". With torn trousers and a sweaty shirt. How will I provide for my little boy, how can we pull through the coming winter and still have enough to satisfy our king.
His wife said, "just the same way we have been doing it for the past four years".
He said, "but now we got a little boy with us, we barely survived when it was just us".
With a heavy hurt, she added " as long as we hold on to each other and work as hard as we love our boy we will pull through without the King's men been on us and destroying the little we have to survive".
Then it begun, screams from afar.. Lashes and noises from the breaking of clay utensils, then they knew they had come back for their share.
So the wife had to go hide, just like she had been doing for the past years to avoid been molested.
The King's men arrived, they asked for their yearly share and as usual he didn't have enough to satisfy the amount they asked for.
He got off his horse and well we all should know what followed. After a few destruction and Merry making over their acts they left.
With tears she run to her husband and tried to comfort him but as usual he was smiling and was glad to know she was once again safe from the men of no mercy.
Their son, just stood there and watched in the direction they went in