Chapter 3: Part 4

We all went to the hotel after him. When we arrived, we saw that the hotel looked different. There were no further floors. There were only 13 rooms on one floor. Céleste came towards me. "Leo, are you completely confident in your decision to continue engaging in these games?" she inquired "Are there any alternative choices available to us?" I said with a breath. "I don't even have a clue as to how I ended up in this situation. My mind was still consumed by the idea of someone forcing me to be here against my will. You did give your word that we would have the option to leave from here alive, right? Xavion also thinks that... just vigorously." she said.

I dropped down onto my knees. I'm not sure if I can keep my promise anymore. How did this happen? Together, we were a gathering of 24 people. Currently, there are a total of thirteen. The cycle of harm between us persists and we are forced to be involved in these games. When will everything come to an end? Céleste bent down at me. Her black skirt touching the floor. She rested her hand on my shoulder. "The floor is dirty. C'mon. Let's get you to bed." she helped me off the floor and guided me to my room. I entered my room with a "good night" from Céleste. She was a caring person and only survived because of me. Why is everyone making me feel like I'm the main character?

I stepped further into my room and noticed a VHS Tape with my name on it. I grabbed the tape and placed it in the VHS Player on the TV. I was thrown back by the shock of what was on the screen. It was a video of me. I was.. being interviewed. The interviewer's face was hidden from view.

[VHS]

Interviewer: Hello, young man. Can you tell us your name and age?

Leo: My name is Leo Buhride. I am 14 years old.

I was listening to the VHS and got struck by the imagery. 14? But, I'm 15. Even my profile says 15. Have I... been trapped here for a year?

Interviewer: Nice to meet you, Leo. Can you tell us why you're here?

Leo: I got this letter in my mail! And it said that I got invited to compete in a game show.

Interviewer: Amazing! How did you feel about being one of the lucky winners out of all 23 letters that were sent to random addresses?

Leo: I feel accomplished. The fact that I'm competing with 22 other people to win a big prize of who-knows-what. This game is going to be amazing. I'll make sure I win!

As I was watching the video, a cold chill ran down my spine. The numbers I was being presented with didn't add up to the current events. 23 contestants? Age 14? Was Xavion right about the impostor? Were we locked up here for a year?

Interviewer: If you win the big prize, what will you do after you leave the game?

Leo: I'll probably go back home and tell my family!

Interviewer: That's great to hear. I have one more thing... pick a card.

3 cards were in front of me and then the VHS Tape ended.

"What..?" I stared in confusion. "Why weren't the numbers adding up? I was 14? There are only 23 contestants in the game?" my mind was swirling. I need to find the truth. Who is making us do these things and why are we really here? The head hurt so much that I passed out. I was out cold.

Once again, I had a nightmare. I picked up an envelope and the world split open as I fell into the earth. I was where I am now. Locked in a mysterious place with nowhere to run. Is this hell?