Chapter 27 - ॐ

⇡[Braille Simmons]⇡

[Braille Simmons]

CHAPTER 27

Somebody to Trust

I slipped my shoes on once I reached the front door. Taye followed me, looking like a hurt puppy. She's cute this way, but I still wonder why the sudden amount of affection.

"You sure you don't want me to drop you off home?" She asked me for the third time within ten minutes.

"I'm sure, Taye. Stay and get some rest before your shift, or I'll feel bad." I told her.

"Fine." She responds, finally agreeing after hearing my last statement.

I unlocked the front door and aimed to walk out, but Taye intervened as she said, "Wait..."

I turned to face her with an inquisitive expression. She was holding her arms apart, and I stared at her.

...What the hell?

I cocked my head to the side to indicate that I was genuinely confused, and she laughed at me.

"May I have the pleasure of receiving a hug, your highness?" Taye asked me. It finally dawned on me as I drew out a long oh.

I tried my best not to display my disgust, as I allowed my body to lean into her hug. I plopped into her chest as she briefly held me before releasing her grasp, and I pulled away.

"What was that?" She questioned with a chuckle, "Did you not want a hug?"

"I'm not big on hugs." I admitted, wanting to be honest for once.

"Why didn't you say so? You allowed me hug you a lot last night, so I thought it was okay." She told me.

"I ain't wanna ruin the moment, you seemed like you wanted it. I don't know if you peeped but I was under the influence last night..." I explained.

"Oh, I definitely noticed. But you have to tell me these things, Amina. I won't know otherwise, and I'd hate it if I were to make you uncomfortable." Taye said as I avoided eye contact with her.

...It's a little too late for that.

She then pulled my chin up to make sure I was looking at her. She asked, "You understand me?"

I nodded to signify my understanding.

"Thank you for telling me." She smiled softly, and a warm feeling replaced some of the discomfort in me.