Chapter 1: Kwaminette & Humanizer

Marinette slid to the floor of the stall and brought her knees up to her chest. She put her head on top of her knees as hot, salty tears streamed down her face. "Mari, please, calm down. Just take a deep breath and relax, come on, please, Mari!" she  could faintly hear the frantic voice of her kwami through the fog in her mind.

As her little kwami friend kept flittering worriedly around Marinette's face, she tried to focus on her breathing, but the anger and betrayal were fresh emotions in her mind. The betrayal that hurt the most was the betrayal of her best friend, Alya, who had yelled at her, claiming that she had beaten Lila up in the bathroom, when in reality, it was Lila who had cornered her and threatened to take all of Marinette's friends away from her. And as much as Marinette wanted to deny it, everyone in her class had turned on her, even Adrian had turned his back on her, she wanted to strangle him for telling her to take the 'high rode' and don't get involved because what if she gets Akumatized, ugh! That was all just a bunch of utter nonsense.

Well, at least she has Luka and Kagami. But still, it's not the same as having Alya. But now because of her no-good-backstabbing-friends - she let go of her crush on Adrian and she's now dating Luka. And Kagami would defend her to the very end - as well as Aurore and Mireille on her side too. Oh, yeah. She also has Mark, Julekax, and Rose, who had apologized profusely to her and she had finally accepted it after the 20th one from Rose.

Marinette failed to notice the small black and purple butterfly that was squeezing threw the wall of the bathroom. She failed to notice when it entered the ladybug earrings, she failed to notice anything until a voice began to whisper sweet and soothing words into her mind.

"Kwaminette, I am Hawkmoth. So, your friends have all abandoned you for some new girl with fancy stories? Even your own so called 'best friend' threw you aside like a peace of trash! I can help you become stronger so that you can show those backstabbers why you shouldn't mess with one of the hero's of Paris!" Hawkmoth's voice rang in Marinette's head and Marinette struggled against his influence.

"Uh, I... no! I can't be Akumatized! I'm a superhero and I'm the only one who can capture your evil butterflies! I'm not listening to you! You can't make me destroy the city, that's wrong!" she snarled, huffing and turning away with a hmph sound.

"But it's not wrong, and don't fret little bug, you won't be destroying anything. I can read your emotions, Marinette. You can't hide it from me. You will just show your friends what they want. Give them the proof that they've been demanding of you and show them why they shouldn't mess with Ladybug!" Hawkmoth continued to whisper sweet words into her ear, but Marinette kept struggling and fighting him.

"But they didn't mean it..." she trailed off as Hawkmoth began to speak again to her. But Marinette wouldn't give in to his demands, the teen superhero knew that he could not be trusted.

"But it's not wrong, Ladybug. Your own best friend said so herself, didn't she? Wouldn't you want to show her that you can be even better than that fake little fox? I made a mistake when I Akumatized her, after all, that lyer never kept her promises. And as a little gift my dear, your little kwami will help you carry out your task, when they look into her eyes, they will be forced to tell the truth, while you will make them regret ever pushing you aside!" Hawkmoth continued in a sickly sweet tone of voice, and it finally seamed to get Marinette on his side.

"Yes! The emotions reappeared! Kwaminette, you will be able to phase through things and you will have the same powers as you do when transformed! No one will see you coming because you will be as small as a kwami. Now go, and show everyone the real truth!"

If someone were to have opened the stall door, and if they had peaked inside, all they would have seen was a black and purple cloud enveloping something or someone. When the smoke disappeared, Marinette... or now Kwaminette, was reveal. But the normal human girl was replaced with a small ladybug-like kwami with the colors reversed. Instead of the bright red, she was a midnight black color. The spots on the top of her head became a blood red and her eyes were a bright violet: just like the color of Trixx's eyes. And the smile on her usually sweet and kind face would bring anyone nightmares. Kwaminette had one person on her mind and one person  only that she wanted to expose for the lying little fox she is. Who is that person you may ask? The girl who had caused her all of this pain to begin with. And that would be the one and only Lila Rossi.