Beber de tu sangre

Demons were not the sort of creature that used to die. Certainly, they would get ill sometimes, very often in some cases due to the rebellious nature they embraced that put their well-being at stake frequently, however, almost none of those were serious enough to put their lives at risk. 

That was why the doctor could not help but be concerned about the call he had just received a few minutes ago, he remembered the dark voice on the other side of the phone whilst he dashed through the cobblestone streets for the Demon Lord's Castle, where he had been summoned to with such urgency, and even to his surprise, even with a threat to his life in between the request coming by Lucifer himself. Whatever the issue was, it was something beyond the abilities of the ruler of the Devildom to handle, and he feared Lord Diavolo's fate was imitating his father's, and his stomach twisted at the idea. 

The environment was overflowed with a heavy feeling of distress. The low rank demons walked up and down the halls of the castle as if something was going to happen, something serious, since everyone was busy and yet, the expression read on their faces was sorrow and anguish, but overall, fear. As if they were the ones whose life was inevitably doomed. Furthermore, the dismal darkness the castle's hallways were always drowned in, gave the doctor a terribly feeling of trepidation. 

Their expressions and the impression left on him were erased from his mind as soon as he walked in the room he had been asked to come, and he noticed the demon standing by the bed: a night black shadow with gloved hands over his chest, hair as troubled as his mind; fire burning in his eyes, the darkness making those terrible eyes outstand in it, and he knew those eyes could kill, literally.  The demon's teeth stock out his mouth, his tongue licked them, producing a malicious gesture; the description of impatience was complete with his foot tapping as though he was marking the beat of an orchestra playing a funeral march.  

The doctor plodded with shaking legs towards the demon, he had motioned over him, indicating him to speed up his pace. 

"I assume you're expecting something to happen? What are you waiting for? Waste no more time and comply with your medical obligations!"

The demon urged and the doctor did as he was prompted, feeling a weight in his back, as if Lucifer's shadow was over him. 

"What is the problem?" The demon asked, his patience had been consumed by the doctor's fear and slow manners that were reflected in his demeanour. 

The doctor took a second to breath, since he had been almost unable to do it before, he wiped the sweat off his forehead and finally cleared his throat before speaking despite the growing tiredness shown in the demon's threatening expression, his own voice at the point of breaking.

"It's- it's" he stuttered; usually, Lucifer enjoyed when people showed how much scared they were of him, but on this occasion, he could not appreciate it when he had a dismal feeling eating him up. His solely expression forced the terrified doctor to continue his explanation, after clearing his throat and breathing in: "It's- nothing serious. It's some kind of poisoning due to something in bad condition she ate, she'll be fine, I will supply some antibiotic injections and, in a couple of weeks, or so, she'll be completely recovered, after that she'll have to take some vitamins, especially, some vitamin D, the paleness of her skin is due to the lack of it". 

Lucifer breathed out in relief and placed his gloved fingers over his eyelids, turning his back to the doctor, who took some minutes more before leaving, since he had applied the first jab to his patient. 

"Thank you" the girl whispered, she was tired, but she was grateful for all the attention she was receiving, even if she thought it was not something she was in need of. 

"Is she allowed to return home now?" Lucifer had never really agreed to having the girl moving to the Castle, he had only accepted because Diavolo would make his best doctor, and therefore, the most capable in the Devildom, to pay her a visit as soon as possible.