CHAPTER 1 - Kades POV

I walk into math class at 7:36 and sit in the corner next to...well no one. I am secretly in love with my best friend, but he's in the other math class. Good thing he's nice enough to come sit next to me in the morning before school actually starts. I stare at my phone blankless. A Vinnie hacker edit comes across my fyp on tiktok and I blush. A smile comes across my face when Nolan comes up behind my chair.
He whispers, "Watcha blushing at?"
I put my phone down and turn to him, trying to change the subject.
"How'd practice go yesterday? I'm sorry I couldn't make it. My grandma died.."

He pats my shoulder firmly.
"Its alright Kade. Your still part of the team."
My insides feel like spaghetti noodles. He sits down besides me.
I reply, "At least the retreat is coming up soon. Im sick of missing all this crap"
The announcements come on and nolan stays sitting in the chair next to mine.
Mrs. Pie looks at nolan. "You better get back to your class. Phones in your lockers."
Nolan stands up and groans. I smell his deodorant and cologne. I secretly inhale it and try to soak it in forever. My hands start to sweat. He walks infront of my desk and looks at me smirking. I dont know how to respond so I just stay silent. My eyes travel down to my desk. I can't wait to be with him at the retreat. Lets hope things go over well.