Chapter I

Hi :)
First of all i must inform you that English is unfortunately not my first language so if i made any mistakes don't hesitate to make me aware of it in the comments !!
Also, this story will be full of angst !! so if you're looking for a story to cry your eyes out you're in the right place i guess?
(Im a slow writer as well don't blame me)

~~~

The smell of morning coffee surrounding the small space occurred him a feeling of strange peace as he opened the door welcoming him with the sound of a clochette ringing. Peace. One of a distant feeling he never thought he would feel again and yet, there it was. Peeking its head through his life, admiring the beauty one may have found in this picture of a weird lonely old man sitting on a rusty table sipping a disgusting coffee he bought every single day. One could find it funny, a guy who claims to love this shop with his whole heart, hand on his chest, yet would order such a basic cup of a drink every single day. There was rumors about the guy, he remembered one said he never ever tried another drink in this coffee shop since the very first day he entered the wooden door. The bartenders as well as the employees loved him, of course they would, how could you not love someone that feed your business. Although, to be honest, not that a few dollars could make a big difference anyway but it does its job to see him looking forward to his drink, it made them happy. What a damn stupid excuse.

He hated coffee. Never once liked the taste of it. He hated mornings also but no one was ever allowed to know that, well, not that it would interest anyone to learn his tastes.

See, there was something he found amusing about human. It was the way they so wholeheartedly trusted someone they only talked to on occasions, and that for what exactly ? he never got to know. Human were stupid sometimes.

"Same as usual" he says to the young man as he reached the counter. The so called 'young man' looked up from his deep cup cleaning task he was executing to see a old wrinkled man, cane in the right hand steadying his balance and vintage washed brown hat sitting on his head, the boy gave him a warm smile and greeted him with a "lovely morning!" he looks kind, was his first thought.

What a strange haircut, was his second. He had weird white hair cut in an interesting way, random pieces poking out as strands.

"What's the usual?" asked the boy, the smile he gave him never seemed to leave his face since he layed eyes on him.
How could someone keep that facade for so long ?

The man paid attention to his clothes, he wore the work outfit employees that this coffee would wear and yet, he never had seen this guy. He looked down at the place where his badge was supposed to be on the uniform but found none. He immediately thought of a fraud and grimaced, it was somehow common lately for people with bad intentions to disguise themselves as workers so that they later can steal stuff here and there and disappear like a shadow in the night. He gave him a look, this one must be the most untalented one to forget to put a name on his badge, idiotic detail. He shrugged.

"Ah, you must be new here. How come they haven't given you a badge yet?"

The boy looked down and touched the blank etiquette, he looked uncomfortable but also embarrassed. He swiped his hand across the back of his head scratching it then proceeded to smile once again. Something about human emotions and their reactions were oh so interesting for the man, and this one in particular, he found it amusing. " I guess they didn't have time, sorry for the confusion"

Well, fraud or not that was none of his business. He was unbothered by the possibility.

The old man waved him off as if he just said something idiotic and lowered his gaze at the journal paper standing on the counter top. "Well, tell me young man, how should i call you then?"