Birth Introduction: The Cave of Veldora

I started to wake up as I gazed at the hospital's window.

"Certainly is a peaceful day today." I said as I sighed.

I tried to process the information about my identity.. My name is Satoru Mikami. A virgin at the age of 38 years old. I had a very unfortunate accident a year ago. A mugger had stabbed me. I was forced to quit my job because of the injury.

Unfortunately, I wasn't particularly attractive from birth, so I didn't have a girlfriend. In the other hand. My junior at my former work, Tamura was blessed with a girlfriend at a young age. To be honest I am jealous.

His girlfriend was apologizing repeatedly after the incident and I felt sorry for her. I had the feeling that I was some type of grand figure.

I am currently in my hospital. I had a small laceration on the midsection. And the ambulance arrived earlier than I expected. In the end I survived before bleeding too much, obviously unconscious during the process.

It was fatal and my job of general contractor for a company and hunter job at SUESS, couldn't continue.

"Satoru-san? Are you here?" A feminine voice was heard outside the door.

"Come in. Sawatari." I said barely audible from tiredness.

"Excuse me then." she said and entered. Upon looking at her, I remembered my request before I fell unconscious during the incident. I tried to hide my embarrassment from her by averting my gaze.

"Are you alright? You look kinda sick." she said and ran to me then was about to call someone but I stopped her.

"No I am not. I am fine."

"Well if you say so. I came here to-"

I interrupted her. "To say sorry? I told you it's fine. I don't really care."

"Well.. If you say so. I thought you'd like some cheesecakes so I bought some for you."

She said. To be honest. Yes. I do like cheesecakes. It's like a break from my hunter work.

"Thank you. You didn't have to buy it for me. I am sure you are working hard as the secretary of the company? Please tell Tamura to work hard for me and please take care of him." I joked.

To be honest I am not very good at words. The only thing I am good at is eating. They call me a glutton sometimes although it's rude.

"I understand." She said embarrassed.

I giggled and we stayed like this for a while till she left and a beauty came to check on me.

"It's getting worse. I need to call a doctor immediately." She said and I felt my condition worsening every second. 

It feels hard to breath. Ugh.

'"Oh no.. we need to treat this immediately." Or so he said. He also said some weird stuff. I just hope no blood comes out like last time. I screamed. I felt like darkness enveloping me. It hurts!

{Pain Nullification acquired,}

My blood. I feel like my blood is boiling. Am I being cooked?!

{Heat resistance acquired,}

Now it feels uncomfortably cold. My body temperature decreased rapidly, I see, I see, I. I..

{Cold Resistance acquired,}

"Satoru? Can you hear me? Satoru-san!!" I felt his voice decreasing till I couldn't hear it anymore

Too bad. I could have been a wise sage if I survived. Maybe a great sage. Wait didn't I say that a year ago? Well no matter.