cuddles?

"This is the most chaotic date night I have ever been on," Jackson deadpanned, sitting with Deuce at their side, staying out of the pillow fight everybody else was participating in.

It originally started as a double-date except it was going to be Frankie, Jackson, Deuce and Cleo– since Jackson was dating Frankie and Deuce and Deuce was dating Jackson and Cleo, but then that turned into Cleo wanting to bring Ghoulia and Frankie wanted to bring Clawdeen and Draculaura who wanted to bring Clawd and Robecca, and Robecca wanted to bring Venus and Rochelle and– yeah.

So, now it's more like a party than a date night, but they had fun.

Robecca's steam boots extinguished as she found a spot beside Jackson, "I know, right? I wasn't expecting... this, when Draculaura asked," she smiled, "At least we're all having fun, right?"

"Yeah, I'm getting cuddles, so it's all good," Jackson agreed, leaning against Deuce who snorted when they continued pushing against him until he let up and dragged the taller into his lap.

"Is this my only purpose? To be a pillow?" Deuce joked while Jackson nodded faux-seriously.

Robecca giggled in the background at the couple, only looking away when she noticed someone approaching. Venus, with feathers stuck on her spikes, sat down heavily beside one of her girlfriends and silently leaned against her, "Someone's tired, huh?" she greeted quietly, wrapping a metal arm around her. She made a growl-purring sound and relaxed further, closing her eyes.

"Shut up," she mumbled, grabbing Robecca's other arm and dragging it over to cover her eyes.

"We can get Rochelle and head home, love," she offered, getting a head shake in response.

"She's having fun, I'll be fun. I've got you."

"Awee," Jackson and Deuce coo-ed in sync, leading to Venus flipping them off despite her position.

"So mean, Venus," Robecca teased, "How long do you think they'll be able to keep this up? And– who's going to replace your pillows, Jackson?"

Jackson blinked, turning towards the room. It was a mess of pillow stuffing and feathers, scraps of fabric probably torn off when pillows got caught on the sharper parts of some monsters. They frowned, "Draculaura, probably. Or Cleo."

"Man, why are you the one hosting this?" Deuce asked, "Half our friend group has mansions, Jay."

"I dunno, it's not my fault you guys got us kicked out of the restaurant, my house was just the closest. Plus, this way when I inevitably get sick socializing I don't have to be driven home."

"It wasn't my fault either!" Deuce defends, "You know what? For that, no more cuddles," he pulls his arms away, holding them up in the air as if he were surrendering.

"What?! No! Deuce!" Jackson squawked, reaching up to grab their boyfriend's hands back, finding no success without sitting up, "You're so mean to me! You're the one who turned our waiter to stone."

"After Frankie electrocuted the water pitcher and startled Draculaura who hit Clawdeen who threw her fork at me and knocked off my glasses! I had no intentional part in this, and I demand to hear you say it," he grinned, his partner huffing dramatically.

"Fine, fine, you had no intentional part in this, now give me my cuddles."

"Frankie, careful!" the four of them glanced up at Rochelle's surprisingly alarmed shout. The pillow fight had halted, the light above them swinging dangerously.

"Okay, I think that's enough for tonight," Clawd suggested, stepping forward to take the pillow away from Frankie before they could do any more damage.

"Sorry," they winced, "Should've been paying more attention, huh?"

"It's alright, Franks, you were just having fun!" Draculaura reassured, ruffling the ghouls already messy ponytail, "But yeah, I'm getting–," he yawns, "a bit tired, we should probably head home."

"Oh, thank mother nature," Venus groaned, "Yes, please, take me home," xe sat up from Robeccas lap, rubbing at xaer face tiredly. Rochelle giggled, walking away from the group while she brushed off some feathers and stuffing caught on her skin.

"Awe is someone tired," she joked, "Yes, I think we should head home, now. Thank you for letting us stay, Jackson," she gave the hybrid a polite smile, "We shall see you all on Monday, yes?"

Venus and Robecca stood, Venus partially leaning on Robecca and yawning, looking like she might pass out on the spot, "Yep, see you Monday," Jackson waved, offering a small smile.

"See you Monday!" the other monsters began calling, packing up their bags. Frankie and Cleo stayed behind, Frankie helping pick up and Cleo taking Deuce's other side, leaning against him and stealing away one of his arms from Jackson.

"Frankie, really, I can clean it up tomorrow," Jackson said, now on their side with Deuce's arm wrapped across their chest, watching Frankie make little piles of the feathers and stuffing and finding any belongings that were left behind.

"It's alright, Jackson! I kinda like cleaning, so I'm happy to do it," they tossed Jackson a brief smile, before getting back to work.

"Deuce, honey, do you think we can head home, now?" Cleo requested, "Please?"

Jackson snorted, "Yeah, yeah, take away my boyfriend, why don't you," they joked, already moving to sit up.

"Girls, girls, don't fight over me, I have two hands for a reason," Deuce joked, "But yeah, seriously, we can head back to your place Cleo. Thanks for the night, man," Deuce leaned towards Jackson to give him a kiss, then ruffled their hair so it became a mess of greasy and unwashed out hair gel, "Love you."

"Bye, Deuce," Jackson nodded, giving a smile to their boyfriend as he left with his girlfriend, "Bye, girlfriend-in-law!"

"Bye, Cleo!"

"See you Monday, boos."

"So, can I spend the night? I think everybody else went home together."

Jackson snorted, standing to help them by shoving the piles of trash into bags, "Sure, sparks, you can spend the night, but only if you change first because I am not cuddling you in that fabric," they half-joked.

"Only if you do too," Frankie grinned, folding a blanket that got caught in the crossfire of the pillow fight. They paused, seeming to come to a conclusion, "Jackson! Have you been in your binder this entire time?!"

"...Maybe?"