Chapter 4: Part 3

It was too hard to believe that one of us set up Carmen to die without breaking a rule themselves. "Before we have to head over to the trial, we should investigate." Jago suggested. "We're not detectives!" Micheal snapped. "That's not the point. We should still figure out who planted this trap!" Morgan cried. Xavion sighed. "Let's discuss what we know right now. So, the culprit tied up Khuld to this rope so when it gets cut, she'd die by the hands of someone else. How did they get Khuld in this position?" he asked. We all looked around the area. I picked up a burnt cloth. "What's this?" I asked. "It looks like a cloth of some sort." Mariella said.

I smelled the cloth. It smelled like some sort of chemical. "Was she.. chloroformed?" Céleste asked. "Possibly" Jago added. "This isn't enough. We'll never find out the real killer.." Renfrew frowned upon us all. Suddenly, the floor collapsed and sunk into the ground. We were on the elevator. The elevator moved more and more down until we entered the voting room. There were 11 podiums all in a circle for us to stand at. We all stood at our podiums and began to discuss. "So, 10 of us are innocent here and there's 1 mastermind behind that trap." Xavion says. "So, who are we deciding?" Micheal asked. "That one. Xavion. He's been the most suspicious since Day 1." Mariella yelped out. Xavion's podium moved towards the middle of the circle.

"Me? You really think I'd involve myself with murder? I'm suicidal. Not genocidal or homicidal." Xavion pleads. "You killed Hasana!" Céleste screamed. "No. Hasana accepted her fate. The game was played fairly and I won." Xavion sighed. "Hm. You really think all that is gonna prove your innocence?" Jago asked him. "No, but I'm just speaking the truth. I'm aware that none of you trust me after what I said. You know, about me finding out the mastermind even if it costs everyone their lives? Yeah, I have a change of plans now. You don't believe me but it's true. Plus, you don't even have any evidence of the murder pointing towards me. So don't point fingers too early." Xavion explained.

We sighed and Xavion's podium moved back. He was right. The evidence doesn't point towards anyone. Who could the real culprit be? Without much information we can't continue with this case. "Well, how about we hear from everyone. Do any of you have an alibi?" Jago asked. "We were all asleep, no?" Kichirou asked. "Okay? Who said anything about the crime being committed last night?" Micheal glared his eyes onto Kichirou. "But.. looking at that trap could've taken hours." Cale said. "What would you know?" Renfrew asked him. Cale stayed silent. "If there's any footage of anything really happening, that'd be greatly appreciated." Céleste queried. The host displayed footage of the crime scene happening and to nobody's surprise, Xavion was dragging Khuld to the stage with a rope and spear.

"Damn you!" Jale shouted. "That took a slight turn of events." Xavion chuckled. "You said you changed! Where the hell did you even get that damn spear?!" Micheal snarled at Xavion after seeing the footage. "Well, I have my ways." Xavion teased. We all looked at him in great anger. "Well, what are you gonna do about it?" he snickered at us. "Vote your ass off, that's what!" Mariella screamed. "Oh, really? You're gonna vote me off and win that cash prize for yourself if you win? Your anger is slowly turning into greed. From the beginning, we all thought that it was Survival of the Fittest. But, no. It was just your greed for the money getting to you. So, you still want to vote for me?" Xavion taunted us with his speech. His eyes glared across the room. If he was to be voted out, he definitely had a final card to play. "See you in hell." rasped Kichirou.

We all took a moment to collect ourselves and finally voted for Xavion. It was at a later notice that he did indeed have a final card to play. "You see.. you all want to survive, right? And to get rid of the one that's causing all sorts of problems from who knows where. Really, it's all just manipulation. You're being forced to play, vote, and die. You realize it's all your fault in the end. You messed up big time." Xavion sneered a laugh at all of us. "What the hell is he saying?" Micheal growled. "Oh, me? I'm saying that you all dug your own grave. Remember the last game? I won the Immunity Policy. And I decided to use it since I knew you all were going to vote for me. 11 votes towards me have all backfired. Therefore, you all have 1 vote towards yourselves!" Xavion let out a burst of laughter. "And with that, I still haven't voted! And I have 2 votes. So, I'll make this quick and easy. My two votes .... hm.. Cale... and Leo!" Xavion's smile grew wider. "Since you guys are tied, it's obvious that a revote has to be done, circling you two. It's amazing to see how dumb you all are." Xavion was smiling and laughing throughout all of this.

We did indeed dig our own graves. I was nominated to get voted out. This could be the end of my story.