Impressive

Note:

Before you read this chapter, I just want to stress that everything I've said here is purely fictional. I have no idea what Michael wants or what he normally does; I just made it up, okay? Don't be confused. Thank you very much!

********

- pctto

- pctto

Michael couldn't take his gaze away from the woman in front of him as he reviewed her application letter. He can't help himself; she's so lovely. He'd met a lot of beautiful women, but there was something about her that piqued his interest.

Her application stated that she has no experience in secretarial jobs because she is a fresh graduate from the Philippines. It's simply too fascinating that she chose to go to the United States just to apply for his personal secretary position.

"So, if you will be hired, this will be your first job?" Her 2x2 photo was what Michael was looking at while pretending to be reading her application—he couldn't help it—she was just so stunning.

Belle replied with a nod, but her gaze was drawn to the wall, where a photograph of Lisa Marie Presley's lovely face was posted. Despite her best efforts, she was unable to conceal her displeasure, which was on plain display. Michael noticed it and found it amusing. He realized it was another jealous fan.

"Tell me, Miss Marquez, why you came to America in the first place," he asked.

Belle's gaze shifted from the photograph on the wall to him. How would she tell him that he's the only reason she's here without coming across as an obsessive fan?

She sighed and gave a small smile. "My Mom always told me to always follow my heart and my dreams, so that's why I'm here," she says which is true.

Michael gave a nod. He appreciated the sincerity he saw in her eyes as she talked. One of the qualities he seeks in his secretary is honesty.

"Of course, everyone loves America and dreams about it—"

"I'm not referring to America," she interrupted him. "I am referring to you," Belle blurted before she could stop herself. It's too late now to undo what she just said.

Belle felt like slapping herself for being so foolish. What made her say that? That would make her appear to be an obsessed and hopeless fan of him, which could lead to her application being rejected. But she can't blame herself because that's how she feels about him.

Michael couldn't stop blushing. He's been showered with attention and love from his fans since he was a child, but he's still not used to it.

Did this gorgeous woman just express her admiration for him? Wow! He didn't see that coming, and to be honest, it's rather pleasurable.

He cleared his throat and tried to appear unaffected, even though he was delighted on the inside.

"Wow," he murmured, biting his lower lip to keep himself from beaming. "Do you mean I have your heart and am your dream? That's quite flattering, thank you—auhm, wait, is it okay if I call you Belle?" he asked. He's not sure why, but he likes how her name came out of his mouth. "I know your name is Maribelle, but I like to call you Belle if its okay with you," he says with a smile. "Did you know that Belle means 'beautiful' in French?"