PROLOGUE

Do you know the feeling of waking up one day and missing a very important piece of your life?

It's like something has gone wrong the moment you open your eyes and you found out you're sleeping on your bed.

Weird isn't it?

Well, a lot of crazy things happened lately.

"Azykell, open the door!" A deep, uptight voice booms outside Azykell's room while the owner of the voice keeps knocking on the door.

"I'm coming."She whispers, staring at wooden ceiling painted in beige.

It takes her a minute to get up to bed and finally open the door.

Her eyes travel from a man, 5'9, with a figure like those of the soccer players, blond wavy hair, and a pair of round green eyes. He wears a cardigan beneath an old tainted green shirt and rough pants tucked in boots not longer than his knees.

"Danny." was all she managed to say.

"Good morning to you too." He greets her sarcastically. His eyes roam the place and he starts to get in.

"Wa-"She starts to block his way.

And guess what? She failed.

He starts to sit on her bed, bouncing as if checking how soft it is.

Azykell crosses her arms as she watches him.

"What's the deal?" She asks him.

He gives her a goofy look for a second when he begins to speak, "What's the deal?" He repeats mockingly, then added, "Azy, the deal is, you hadn't shown up in the office for a week. You didn't answer your phone... we're worried sick of you" He pauses, "and now you're asking me what's the deal??"

She should've been shocked because all she remembered was that she was working at the office yesterday... but with what Danny said, she thinks it might not be the case.

This is the thing that's happening to her lately. One day she would be in the office, and the next time she wakes up, it would be a week after that.

Danny seems to read her mind, "Is it happening again?" he asks.

She nods.

The first time this happened, Azykell panicked and decided to visit different doctors. She first went to visit Dr. Graden, a known psychologist in the city. After that she went to visit Dr. Hewell, a neurologist. The results came out to be negative.

I am not crazy nor do I have Alzheimer's or any kind of dementia. She would say.

That explains why she wasn't kicked out from work.

This is the fourth time. It's always been like this since the past month. All started in the first week of July.

Her thoughts eradicate the moment Danny stands.

"I don't think I could let you handle the case, Azy. This... this mystery of yours keep occuring." He shakes his head, careful of choosing the next words,"You're out of it."
He starts to walk out of the room.

Azy tried to stop him. "No, Danny. I-I can finish my research, I'm halfway of--"

He taps her on the shoulder, "I'm sorry."

When she was about to close her eyes, Danny said, "Unless you figure this out sooner... I think I can get you to work the case again."

Yeah, if I can figure this thing out.

The door closes and she blinks. She walks toward her bedside table; she checks the calendar.

August 24.
Great.

She lays back to bed.

Had I just been outcasted from work? Yes. That means I've got no job. How can I pay my food? My apartment? My gas?

She closes her eyes when realizations start to enter.

Whatever's ruining my life... I've got to hunt it.

That was her last thought before she dozzed off.