153 • A Repeat

The first step was to tame Taiju.

That little trick with the tarot cards couldn't last long, so she needed to hurry. But it shouldn't happen right away either, so Reina waited until a week and a half had passed. The plan was also ready and simple to execute.

In the other timeline, Taiju easily accepted Inui's challenge, so things should be the same now, especially because Inui's default face looked like a bitch asking for a fight. Kokonoi would come too, to be a luxury handbag or so he claimed, and they would lead Taiju towards where she, as Yahata, would be waiting.

The place she chose was a Udagawa Christian Church, and the reason was simple.

"How much would you pay to see Shiba Taiju fall?"

Shiba Yuzuha and Shiba Hakkai walked to and from school together, and they would pass by this church. Plus, it was the same place where their lives had been changed in the other timeline, and Reina didn't see any reason to change that.

This time, Reina met them in her full disguise, the cloak and the gas mask. She recently had the lenses tinted green because Izana said he could still see her eyes during the day, so the two of them shouldn't recognize who she was.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Yahata." Changing her voice was easy, no doubt thanks to all the time she spent as Nagarei, and Reina smiled behind her mask. "I like challenges, and I heard Shiba Taiju is quite the beast, so I wanted to check it out for myself. But someone told me he's a bit...physical." Tilting her head to the side, she watched as the two siblings flinched. "I thought I'd do you a favor and let you watch as I make that bastard kneel."

"We don't need that!"

"Really?" Reina raised an eyebrow at Yuzuha, and at Hakkai who hid behind his sister. "Well, you don't have to stay, of course." She turned around, sparing them a glance. Well, this was better than nothing, and she needed to increase Yahata's reputation of being a mixture of a ninja, a witch, and a demon.

Basically, a weirdo.

"Tell me one thing," Yahata demanded. "Do you think Cinderella is weak for receiving help in achieving her dream?"

"What?" Blinking, Yuzuha narrowed her eyes at the cloaked stranger. "Cinderella didn't have to do anything to marry that stupid prince." Yuzuha growled back, completely thrown off guard by the question. "Why are you even asking about that stupid movie?"

"Cinderella's dream wasn't to marry that prince though," Reina pointed out what Mirai once told her in the other timeline. "Cinderella's dream was to go to the ball, and she did all the chores her stepfamily threw at her. It was her family who went back on their word and destroyed her hard work. Are you saying she didn't deserve her happiness just because she received some help after everything she's been through?"

When Yuzuha's scowl faltered, Reina took that chance to strike again. "Y'know, if the world is kind and fair, it would be called heaven instead of earth."

The timing couldn't be more perfect because she saw Kokonoi and Inui rounding the corner, Taiju following behind them with a red face. She guessed she shouldn't have asked Kokonoi and Inui to aggravate him, though she did say it wasn't that necessary.

"Yahata!" Kokonoi bowed with more flair than needed, and she wondered if he picked that up from Ran. "Your future bitch, brought to you in a, well, the uniform isn't silver, but let's pretend we brought him to you on a silver platter."

"You're not making any sense, Hajime. Just step back for now." Patting Kokonoi's shoulder, Reina tilted her head back again. "You should watch, Yuzuha, Hakkai," she told the two siblings whose presences Taiju seemed to have just noticed. "I'll show you that Cinderella is a strong character who deserves her happily ever after."