Chapter 1

Carries POV

I was born in a super rich family, and our mansion by the beach looked like a fairytale castle.
I used to play hide and seek in the garden maze with our maids and dad brought me a stunning white pony which I rode all over the huge grounds
"Princess, your smile lights up my world! And I will never let you down" dad said while carrying me but he lied, one time when I was in 4th grade, his company was accused of financial fraud. Dad manage avoid being jailed but we lost everything. My pony was sold, and we moved to an ordinary house, in an average neighborhood.

After that her parents argued every single day and soon they got divorced. Her father left them and never looked back. He never even sent a card on Carrie's birthday. Her mom started a new life and started dating another man. She had no choice but to move on too.
And she quickly made friends with kids in my new neighborhood. Although she enjoyed playing with them.

"I struggled to come up with ideas for games. So I preferred to follow the rest."she said in the middle of the kids

One of the kids, Adam was a natural leader. He often told the other kids what to do, playing an admiral, a king or even Carrie's future husband.
"Carrie, when we grow up, you will marry me!" He said with a smirk and he crosses his arms
"Um, okay!"--

They all played  outside till it was dark. And Adam often walked Carrie back home, which was sweet. But over time, his behavior started to get strange. Like once when he had to go visit his grandma for a week, he told Carrie not to play with anyone else while he was gone.
They were also, in the same class at school. And Carrie loved making friends and joking around with everyone. But it seemed to bother Adam a lot.
"Carrie, stop being so friendly with everyone, it annoying." Adam said irrationally
"Nobody seems, annoyed except you, Adam!" Carrie said madly

In middle school a cute boy sent Carrie a card on valentine's saying
"YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY", and it made her so happy. But the next day when she tried giving him a chocolate, he ran away terrified, like he'd seen a ghost!

Carries POV

Of course, Adam was behind this, I was giving so sicked of him!
And even tired creating distance between us, but he didn't take the hint. If I didn't walk with him to school. He just followed me. He'd turned up at my house whenever he pleased. And if I didn't talk to him, he just sit in my room for hours, watching me! I told mom not to let him in anymore, but she always said Adam was the sweetest friend I had.