Floating

Your eyes fluttered open, vision blurry until you realized you were staring at the ceiling. You looked around, seeing you were in your room and a wave of confusion came across you. You didn't remember going home, and you wouldn't have gone to bed still in your work clothes.

Trying to remember what led you to bed, your mind ran through your day prior. You woke up, went to work, met Clark for a lunch date, and then-

"Mizpil- No. Myxilili? No... What was it?"

"Mxyzptlk." You sat up quickly, turning to see your boyfriend peaking into your room. Clark walked in with a small relieved smile on his face.

"A creature from the fifth dimension. He suddenly showed up during our date, and I managed to get rid of him. Before I could, he shot you with some weird ray though, knocking you out for a while."

"How long?"

"A day."

Your eyes went wide. "A day!"

Clark rushed to your side. "Don't worry, I took you to a hospital right away. The doctors didn't find anything wrong with you, and for good measure I had Bruce do a quick check-up on you too. Both said you were fine and just needed to rest."

You didn't care about your safety. You had a deadline at work that you were supposed to meet yesterday and you most certainly missed it. You grew worried, thoughts racing about what you'd tell your boss or what your boss would tell you.

You let out a loud groan, flopping back on your bed and throwing your blanket over your head."Oh god, what am I gonna tell Ronnie?"

"(Y/N)?"

"He's gonna kill me for not getting that draft in!"

"(Y/N)?"

"He's not gonna care if I was out because of some stupid fifth-dimensional creature."

"(Y/N), hello?"

"What Clark?" You threw the blanket off your face and your brows scrunched up. The ceiling looked a lot closer than it was before.

"You're floating."

While worrying about what would happen when you went back to work, you hadn't noticed that your bed had slowly begun to rise in the air. You looked at Clark's head, your bed floating just barely above his chin.

"AH!" A loud shriek left you and your bed went crashing to the ground.

However, you remained in the air, gripping your blanket with anxiety rushing through you. Random objects also began to fly, such as books, pens, and shoes.

Beginning to hyperventilate, Clark flew up beside you, wrapping his large arms around you. "Hey, you're okay-"

"I am NOT OKAY, Clark Joseph Kent! I am FLOATING and so is my favorite pen!" You screamed. "Why am I floating!"

"(Y/N) I don't know, but we'll figure it out."

"Am I gonna fly away like a balloon?"

"What- No, you just need to calm down."

"How can I calm down, when I can't even get down!"

"(Y/N), close your eyes and listen to my voice."

"Why?"

"Trust me. I'm gonna try to help you like my mom did when I was a kid. Alright?"

You stared into his blue eyes, outlandish thoughts running through your mind as to what could happen to you, but you pushed them all to the side and listened to him.