1

Doing research always bored Dean, but he knew it was something they needed to do if they were to kill whatever it was killing people in that small town.

Four dead, found in their beds, ripped apart as if some wild animal at got to them. The thing was, there were no signs of forced entry. Every window and door of the house was locked shut. How in the world did anything or anyone got in? That question was burning in the back of Dean's head when...

-''Ahah, found it. I knew I've read somewhere something like that.''

-''What you got, Bobby?'' – Dean asked the older man. Bobby was a father figure to them, when their father wasn't.

-''Hellhounds.''

-''Hell-what? What is that?'' – Sam asked from the couch. His little brother was always the first to find and know about this sort of things and even he was confused.

-''Hellhounds, idjits. They are, as the name say, hounds from hell. They come to collect people's souls. You make a deal with a crossroads demon and he gives you a time frame of when your soul will be due, usually its five years. When time is up, the hounds come to collect. It's not pretty and from what you've told me, it's exactly the type of thing they would do.''

-''Sammy, check if our victims had any weird changes in their life's and go back five years.'' – Dean said to his little brother.

-''Way ahead of you, Dean.'' – Sam answered, typing on his computer. – ''First victim was about to lose his business when another big company made a profited deal with him; second victim found out he had brain cancer and had a miraculous cure; third and fourth victim were about to lose everything they had and somehow they didn't. Yep, sounds like demon deal to me. What you guy's think?'' – Sam asked, looking up.

-''I agree. Now, how in the world do you kill a hellhound?''

-''That's the problem. Hellhounds are only visible to the person who made the deal. They're the only ones who can see and hear them, so killing them is going to be tricky. Give me a couple more hours, maybe I can find something.'' – Bobby said, before diving back into his first edition books.

After a few hours of not finding anything, Dean decided to take a break. He grabbed a beer and went out to the junk yard. He sat down on the trunk of one of the many cars that Bobby had there and just looked at the sky, thinking of how long would it take to find another way to kill the hounds when he heard faint footsteps coming from behind him. He knew it wasn't Sam or Bobby; they would have made their presence known. As soon as the steps got close enough, he jumped from the trunk, wielding his gun in front of him and pointing at whoever was there. Who he saw caught him by surprise.

-''Dean Winchester, as I live and breathe.''