A Farewell and a Promise

Scott walked down the empty street nothing but the occasional lamp post to light his way, his final night in beacon hills before leaving for college. Scott stopped in the middle of the pathway the sound of gravel crunching underneath his feet as he turned to face the house on his right. "Time to face the music" Scott muttered under his breath, Scott started to pace towards the rusted gate and pushed it open the horrible creaking of metal filling the air making the internal dread already in Scott grow. Scott stepping up onto the porch the creaks of the steps alerting his presence to anyone inside, Scott balled his fist and hammered the door a few times before standing much like a statue, frozen, waiting ... waiting ... waiting...

The door slowly creaked open until a figure emerged from inside, it was Theo. "Hey Theo" said Scott with as much bravado as he could. Theo looked at Scott and with a puzzled look and a tone of confusion said "Scott, what ... umm.. are you doing here?" "I know it must be confusing, me being here, you probably hoped you wouldn't see me for a long time" Theo tilted his head slightly "Well your not far off" Theo let out with a small laugh. "Can I come in?" Scott said hopefully a look of pleading in his eyes. Theo without saying a word moved aside and ushered Scott inside.

The pair moved into the kitchen and sat opposite at the dining table. "I won't bore you with pleasantries and I don't want you here longer than needed so what you need" Theo said in a very matter of fact tone. Scott frowning put his hand together and started to speak. "This is my last night, come tomorrow I will be gone and beacon hills will be in the hands of Liam and his pack - "yes yes the little wolf and his little puppy pack, what about it Scott" Theo interjected with a smirk. "I know that things haven't been easy and we all share blame. Too long have we let the past past define us, we need to look to the future, the future is Liam and you and we both know it" Theo began to open his mouth but Scott quickly lifted his hand and flashed his red eyes, Theo knew better than to open his mouth.

Scott stared into Theo's eyes, "I know that you and Liam have grown a ... unique bond and he will need you, the town will need you. I forgive you Theo and so does everyone else, we don't forget what you did but we want you to be better, be the man we know you truly are. The sweet boy I knew before the darkness, before dread doctors and chimeras. You and Liam and yes the so called puppy pack are the future. You need each other". Theo couldn't face Scott's eyes, he didn't think he could ever be redeemed, he thought that he was a monster. To hear these words as much as they bring joy they also felt likes cold shards to the heart.

"You love him don't you?" This question made Theo instantly pop up "what!? Love?!? Scott don't be fucking ridiculous, have we shared moments and gotten close? yes, but that doesn't mean I love him, that's ... ridiculous" that last word getting caught in his throat, Theo instantly stood up and faced away quickly hiding the emotions he could never show or admit. Scott let out a quick tiny laugh "you know what's funny? I never knew when you were lying, I don't know if it was because I was so easy to trust or because you weren't afraid. But just now your Heart told me the truth" Scott said a smile emerging. Theo turned around slowly a singular tear emerging from his emerald eye. "Nothing can ever happen" Theo let out so softly that Scott even with super hearing could barely hear it.

Scott snorted, "bullshit, he would have you in a instant, your just too scared to let yourself love or be loved" Theo banged his hands palm open onto the table almost yelling "He could never love me, I'm the one at the end of the story that doesn't get the boy, I don't get happy endings because I'm a monster, a villain and we don't get to be happy" he's voice quickly went from yelling to breaking, the chimera unable to hold himself together. Theo fell into his chair his hands drastically wiping away the tears, the weakness.

"Your not a monster Theo your a - "I swear to fucking god Scott if you say I'm a werewolf like you I will smack your fucking head into the table" Theo blurted cutting Scott off. Scott smiled kindly "your human" Scott said as gently as he could. Theo looked up. "First and foremost for us all, we are human, we make mistakes but you can't be defined by yesterdays actions, it's who you choose to be today and tomorrow, choose good, choose love... choose Liam" Scott said reaching his hand out to hold the chimeras.

"What if he doesn't see the light inside me?" Theo asked with baited breath. "Even when a star dies, it's light shines on for years after. Your light is not done, it shines and of anyone could ever see it, it's him." Scott said squeezing the chimeras hand and giving him a small nod. Theo gripped back and said "I will try, thank you Scott. Thank you for believing in me and for giving me the courage" Scott got up from the table and began to walk to the door, Scott turned on the spot and said "promise me that you will tell him" Scott looked seriously at Theo. "I promise" Theo said with a new kindled joy. "Goodbye Theo, and good luck" Scott winked and with a smile left.

Theo sat there in the empty room and was overwhelmed with joy. There was only one thought that was in his mind, how to make the little wolf his. Just simply asking him out was not good enough but there was never going to be a perfect moment. Perhaps the simplest answer was merely waiting for Liam to come calling, be his chimera in shining armour. Let things take a more natural course and when it feels right make the little wolf his.

Knock knock knock

Theo jumped in surprise and slowly made his way to the door and slowly creaked it open. Theo gasped in surprise, Liam was at the door. Theo gulped. Liam looked into those emerald eyes but what he said Theo didn't know, he was lost in Liam's eyes but snapped back and said "whatever you need" after all know no matter what his little wolf said, that was the truth he would now and always do whatever his little wolf needed.

The End