Chapter 8

I made my way back to my room and opened the doors again. He was still standing there with his arms crossed. I handed him the towel to dry his hair and then the pants to put on. Instead of obeying me, he turned around and shook his head, getting rid of some water. I jumped back after getting a bit wet, and he chuckled at my reaction.

“Could you behave for just one second?” I said coldly, but felt my composure slipping away.

He cleaned his feet before walking in and drying his hair completely with the towel. “You know you want to laugh too,” and with that I gave him a smile that he happily returned. 

He wrapped the borrowed towel around his neck and walked in. He started to take off his pants before I turned around and scolded him, “Could you give me a warning at least.”

I could feel that my face was flushed and I had no doubt he would be able to tell as soon as he saw my face again. He didn't speak for a moment and I couldn't hear any movement. I turned around and saw his eyes were fixed on something. 

I tried focusing on what he was looking at and realized it was the flowers I gifted. Since it's been a few days, I hung them upside down on my wall to dry so I can keep them. Something didn't seem right though. Instead of feeling happy, I felt jealousy radiating off of Akaza.

I walked up to him and put my hand on my shoulder and his head immediately snapped to look at me. He gave me a warm smile and placed his hand on mine.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah…,” he glanced back at the flowers before looking back at me.

“Why do the flowers bother you so much?” I was curious. I assumed he was the one that sent them to me but apparently that wasn’t the case.

“Well, I don’t know, because you care for them so much. So who’s your new lover?” he started to tease me, getting his mind off of the gift.

“What? What are you talking about, I don’t have anyone else. I thought they were from you,” hearing those words made him smile ear to ear.

Suddenly, he pounced at me, wrapping his arms around me and flipping his body so we landed on my futon with a light thud. He squeezed me before releasing me. I quickly turned around so he was laying underneath me. I sat up and put my hand to his mouth.

“Shhh,” I signaled him to be quiet. I wasn’t sure if the rough housing was going to wake up my parents. Once I didn’t hear anything, I released my hand from his mouth and scolded him for the millionth time tonight.

“Now, why’d you do that!” I whispered angrily. I stared at him while he stared back. It was awkward, none of us said a thing. 

He started to speak after a bit, “I was so happy. I mean yeah, they aren’t from me but because you thought they were, you cherished them deeply.” He gave me a huge grin and started to giggle. I felt like something was off.

“What?’

He booped my nose before continuing, “Well you said ‘anyone else’ which means you consider me as your lover.”

I quickly covered my face with my hands. Had I really just said that? I got off of him but he quickly pulled my arm and dragged me back to him. This time I was laying beside him, my face buried in the crook of his neck. I inhaled his scent, it wasn’t an awful smell, but it wasn’t vibrant like a cologne. He had a herbal scent to him, along with something spicy, it was pleasant. 

“Stay for a moment, Y/n, please,” he begged me and I agreed. It wasn’t too bad, I was cold after all and the warmth from his body radiated into mine. “I’m sorry I teased you, I know you don’t see me as anything besides friends.”