Chapter One

As I take my first steps off of the plane, I feel the fresh spring breeze rush past me. I smirk as I continue to make my way towards the baggage claim, walking past annoyed looking men and women who were on the same flight as I was. To be fair, the flight was very long and it was very warm in the cabin. I walk to the baggage carousel and start to look for my bright blue suitcase, but as i kept my eye out I began thinking. I had decided that at my age, which happened to be the big 20, that I wanted to move to explore the world. So I decided that the one country that I would love to spend a lot of time in would be Ireland. The country itself is one of the most beautiful; the culture, the landscapes, the accent, everything about Ireland was just breathtaking. I soon spot my bag and take it from the carousel and make my way to the customs desk, where I join a line of grumpy, upset people. After heavens knows how long, I soon get to the desk and am greeted by a smiling young lady. She must have been just a few years older than I am, which was a great comfort to me. Older people male me very nervous, they alway judge before you even get to open your mouth and explain your life story.
"Passport please Miss" she asked me in a thick Irish accent, so with a smile I handed it over.
"What brings you to Ireland Miss... Roberts?" She asks with a huge grin on her face.
"I'm exploring. Being in one place for your whole life is annoying and brings you down, so I decided to fly out here and start my adventure here." She giggled and nodded
"I agree Miss, I know how you're feeling! I'm hoping to go to America... Ahh I see that you've just come from there! What's it like?" I looked behind me and saw that the queue had disappeared so I had a chance to talk to the woman.
"It's ok, if you like living in a busy city that never ever sleeps and everyone shouts." She laughs and sighs
"Sounds amazing... Oh I'm sorry I've held you up!" She quickly passes my passport back and I laugh
"Hey it's ok, I like telling people about America as nobody over there talks about it." She laughs again and looks down at her desk. She grabs a pen and starts writing something down and slides it across to me.
"This is my number, you seem so cool! Plus, everyone needs a friend in a foreign country right?!" I take the paper and smile, while putting my paper in my back pocket.
"Hey I never got your name, what is it?" I ask. She giggles and smiles again at me, she really likes to smile!
"My names Ashley, Ashley McLoughlin." I nod and remember her name.
"Nice to meet ya Ashley, my name is Isabella Roberts but you can call me Bella if you want" she nods and giggles.
"Ok Bella! Well I better get back to work and you have to go and enjoy your first day in Ireland!" I laugh and nod at her, sighing slightly as I have to leave my new friend, well could I really call her a friend yet as I had only just met her? Well, I guess an acquaintance then.
"I'll message you when I'm settled in!" I say to her as I make my way to the exit. Well today has been a turn around, from a long hot flight, to making a new acquaintance who I hope I can become friends with. I let out a long sigh as I walk out of the door and see the first sights of Ireland. I smile as I see green fields on the horizon which almost look like emeralds, well I guess that's why it has the nick name of the Emerald Isle. The fresh air feels amazing in my lungs, it's a welcome change to the polluted air of the city! As I'm looking around someone bumps into me, making me fall to the ground.
"Ow! Watch it asshole" I say as I look up to see the person who knocked me over. Standing over me is a man, who looks about 25, with darkish coloured hair and bright blue eyes. He has a slight beard with moustache, which suits him really well actually, considering he just bumped into me. The only real thing that stood out to me was his lips. They were the most perfect shade of pink and looked plump, good enough to kiss in fact... Hang on what am I thinking?!.
In his hand is a cup of Starbucks coffee, which means he is either just stopped off to get a coffee or he is a basic white girl in disguise, but I also notice that he is in a hurry.
"Oh my I'm so sorry miss!" He says with a slightly thick Irish accent, almost like Ashley's.
"Well, it's happened now hasn't it? It's ok, but can I have a hand please?" I ask as i struggle to get up and keep my bags close. He nods and offers me a hand which I take with a tight grip. His hand is huge compared to mine! He pulls me up with such a force that I have to stop myself from falling into his chest. Once I was sure I wasn't going to fall I looked at him, and saw he was looking over my shoulder
"Thanks" i seem to have caught his attention by talking to him.
"Tis no problem. I'm sorry that I knocked you over! Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine" I say as I check that all my stuff is still here. As I look back towards the stranger, I realise that he was gone.
What a strange man! With a huff, I make my way towards a taxi and ask to go to the nearest hotel. Today was an experience to say the least!
My name is Isabella Roberts and I'm starting my big adventure in Ireland after leaving New York. Was I ready for the trials I would have to face?.... Definitely!!!