Part X: Untitled

"Please tell me the truth. Did you kill my brother, Kazekage-sama?"

You needed to know.

Gaara stared back into your eyes, knowing that his answer will change...everything.

"Yes."

A chill crawls up your body, freezing your heart and shattering it into a million pieces.

You swallowed and moved on to the next thing. "How long have you known my connection to him?"

"From the day you came."

It was like someone was beating you with a hammer.

"You killed Kimimaro. You killed him. You killed him. You killed him. You killed him..."

Your vision was shaking and you began to feel faint. The room and everything in it was spinning, so you moved closer to the wall for support.

Gaara looked concerned and quickly approached you to offer you support. "Kimiko, perhaps-"

"NO!" you shouted.

Gaara fell silent at your outburst.

"W-Why..." You felt tears rushed to your eyes and you let them go. "I've wondered why all this time, why you were so kind to me. It was because of guilt..."

Gaara looked like he wanted to say something but you didn't let him.

"The one person who justified my existence in this world...the one person who didn't regard me as trash or a monster, you killed him."

"Please tell me what I have to do for you to forgive me," Gaara said in a quiet voice. "For things to go back to the way it was before. I would not be able to bear to lose you-"

He was cut off by a sudden wall of sand that was raised to protect him—from your sharp weapon that was aimed at his throat.

"Why did this have to happen!?" you cried.

Gaara looked back at you helplessly, as his sand protected him from your attacks, over and over again.