•ONE•

My eyes fluttered open as I hazily tried to figure out where I was. I was completely bare, with only bed sheets covering anything. A hairy arm was slung over my waist.

Shit. I fell asleep at a patron's house again.

I slowly pulled his arm off me, as not to wake him. I sat up and crept off the mattress. I searched frantically for a clock. 1 AM. Thank God.

I stumbled around the bedroom trying to find my garments. I hopped around the room, trying to pull on a thong, a matching lacy bra, and a skimpy black dress. I tied up my hair, and yanked my clutch purse from off the ground.

Opening it, I realised he didn't pay. Fuck. I always negotiate money before so that when this happens I can just write a note or something. I pulled open a drawer and flipped out a few hundred dollars. Fucking government officials, priests, and high rollers always seemed to pay off.

I pulled my stilettos from off the floor and crept through the front door without being noticed. I rummaged through my bag and found my keys, after pressing the lock and unlock button a few times, I could see my tiny motorcycle just down the road.

I waddled past the cars until I met my bike. I shimmied onto the seat and pulled my helmet on. I unlocked the back basket, and pulled my favourite leather jacket. I struggled getting it on, but when I did I felt warm and secure.

I revved the engine and was on my way to my apartment. It wasn't huge, but it was exactly what I needed. No more, no less.

-

The click of the lock woke up Luna and Callisto, two runaway kittens I'd taken in a year back. They meowed at my return and nuzzled their noses into my ankles.

Luna and Callisto were both very small with black fur. But Luna had a white crescent on her ear and blue-ish eyes, while Callisto's fur was all midnight black to contrast with her glowing green eyes.

I dropped a bit of food in their bowls to satisfy them for the night. I rubbed my eyes, yawning widely. I jumped into the shower and washed off before throwing myself into my own warm bed.

Luna and Callisto crawled up next to me and mewed me to sleep like a lullaby.