01| 𝘗𝘢𝘪𝘯

New Delhi

Nazrein bolen duniya bole

dil ki zaban haaye dil ki zubaan

Ishq maange ishq chahe koi toofan

Chalna aahiste ishq naya hai

Pehla yeh vada humne kiya hai

O re piya haaye (x2)

O re piya

Piyaaaaa....

yehh piya.

I instructed the sister to silence the music.

“This is enough for today.” I informed them.

“Yes, Di.” They all responded with excitement.

I couldn't help but smile at their enthusiasm as I removed my Anklet bells.

“Thank you, Aadrika, for coming here every week to teach them dance, free of charge.” The sister expressed her gratitude sincerely.

“There's no need to thank me, sister. Dancing brings me peace, and teaching these children fills me with immense joy.” I responded, a smile gracing my lips.

“May Jesus bless you and keep you happy, my child.” The sister blessed me.

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips at the mention of happiness.

Happiness is not something meant for me. It seemed like a distant dream, something that was not meant for me.

Leaving the orphanage behind, I called Raghu Uncle to pick me up.

He arrived within minutes, probably he waiting for me.

I settled into the car, knowing that I was about to return to the confines of the palace.

“The bird is about to be locked up once again.” I thought to myself.

Soon enough, we arrived at the palace.

Entering the grand palace, I could hear Mrs. Rajput's harsh voice scolding the workers.

I flinched at the sound, my hands growing clammy and my legs trembling.

Slowly, I made my way to my wing.

“You bitch , where the hell are you coming from?” She yelled with disgust in her voice.

I turned to face her, my eyes downcast as I nervously fiddled with the edge of my chunri.

“Tell me, damn it! Are you coming back after sleeping with another man? Huh? What else can I expect from a promiscuous woman like you?” She spat, her voice laced with venom.