The Mirror

As a child, Emily was always told not to talk to strangers, especially ones that seemed to be lurking in dark corners or shadows. But when she saw a reflection of a girl in her mirror, she couldn't help but be curious.

The girl, who looked exactly like Emily, would only appear when the room was dimly lit at night. Initially, Emily thought it was her own reflection, but she began to notice that the girl wasn't copying her movements. Instead, she would stand completely still and stare at Emily with dark, lifeless eyes.

Emily started to feel uneasy, but she was too afraid to tell anyone about the strange girl in her mirror. Night after night, the girl would appear, watching her silently. Emily started to avoid looking into the mirror, but she couldn't shake the feeling that the girl was always there, waiting for her.

One night, Emily woke up to find the girl standing at the foot of her bed. She screamed, but the girl didn't move or make a sound. Emily's parents rushed into the room, but the girl had disappeared. They thought it was a nightmare, but Emily knew the truth. The girl in the mirror was real, and she was coming for her.

After that night, Emily's behavior changed. She stopped sleeping and spent all her time staring at the mirror. The girl started to move, to speak. She would beckon Emily closer, and Emily felt a strange pull towards her. She tried to resist, but she knew it was only a matter of time before the girl took her into the mirror world forever.

One day, Emily's parents found her lifeless body in front of the mirror. The girl was still there, watching silently as if she had won. No one knows what happened to the girl, but Emily's family never looked into a mirror again without feeling a chill run down their spine.