05| 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥

Tomorrow I am going to marry her

It was my haldi ceremony today.

Aadrika, I had no idea I was smiling just thinking about her.

Please stop, right now. She will leave you after a year.

There was something truly enchanting about her.

"She is undoubtedly the most captivating, stunningly irresistible beauty in a walking form."

But there was a certain something about her that made my heart skip a beat.

Her smile is truly beautiful but it also hides her pain.

The dark brown eyes lacked love in them.

She is igniting emotions in me that I have never experienced in my 28 years.

Never before have I felt such overwhelming emotions.

"Stop it, stop it Abhi." I keep telling myself this for the millionth time now.

It's midnight and sleep eludes me. Before, it was my haunting past that kept me awake. But now, the thoughts of Aadrika ground me.

Aadrika, what a beautiful name she has.

My family is already head over heels for her.

I despise myself for thinking such things about her after just two meetings.

She'll leave me in a year.

Shaking off my thoughts, I focused on studying one of my cases.

NEXT DAY.

As the sun rose, I reluctantly opened my eyes at 5 am, knowing that another day of chaos awaited me. My whole house was filled with relatives, their voices echoing through the halls. Their nasty comments seemed to fill every corner, suffocating me.

"Abhi, you're still here? Today is your marriage. Go get ready soon." My mother yelled, her voice piercing through the commotion.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm within me. "Maa, please calm down. Come here." I said, guiding her to a nearby chair.

"Abhi, I have so much to do. I can't just sit here idly." She protested, her voice filled with worry.

I handed her a glass of water, hoping to ease her anxiety. "Drink some water, maa. It's just a marriage. And have you taken your medicines?" I asked, concern lacing my words.