Love language

Katie POV 

Is it me or life could be pretty screwed up sometimes. I've had this thought in my head for the past few years. I always seem to envy the people who live life glamorously or are just plain happy. I wish people could share my misery, well at least half of the time. I know that that is mean and all but I just wish that the rest of the world could be lame so that I wouldn't feel bad that my life is freaking screwed. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when my dad pulled up to our new house. I guess it's really just me and him now. We used to live in New York and by me I mean me, my mom and my dad. Life then was really worth living. I remember all the happy memories which are now seldom trails of thoughts that I was forced to leave behind on my way here.  

"Katie please grab them keys from the front and unlock the door while I off load things from the car." My dad said while he hopped out of the driver seat. 

I grabbed the keys and took a few brave steps to the house which I now had to call home. I unlocked the door and walked in. I looked around. This place was definitely different from our old home in New York. I was smaller and not as colorful. The walls were a pale cream color with a polished wooden floor finish. I went upstairs and there were only two rooms. I entered the one to my right and the size was fairly normal. There was a bathroom and a fairly decent sized closet. 

"Good you found your room!" my dad said, coming in and dropping a box against the wall. My dad had always tried to make the atmosphere...well pleasant. I nodded my head and headed over to the window. 

"I know this is hard Katie. To move away and start afresh but I think you will love Virginia! We are right beside the beach and it's a beautiful place. They say the school here is great and I'm sure you'll make a bunch of friends in no time..." Somewhere in between his speech a single tear rolled down my face. It seemed like the more he talked the more frustrated I got. 

"...it will be a new and fun experience for the both of us." He finished. I said nothing. I had nothing to say. And I couldn't even if did.

Charles POV 

"Please leave my house Jessica. I told you more than once already, it is over. Please just leave before I lose my damn temper." I said pushing Jessica out of my house. 

I don't know why the damn maid always allows her in. I think we need a no allow list in the house and Jessica has to be number one. 

"But Charles you don't get it, I...." Jessica said but was quickly cut off. 

"I really don't want to hear it." I said as I gave her a final shove out of the house and slammed the door on her face. 

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but girls always seem to bitches to me. They do nothing but shove there hand straight into your chest, twist it and pull your heart straight out. I have done nothing but been nice. I dropped my player ways and decided to be nice for once but I guess you know what they always say is true, karma is a flipping bitch.