What symbol?

Walking up to the private jet that sat in the run way, Joseph Samuel Wayne smiled to himself as he saw his father figure and butler Alfred Pennyworth walk down the stairs to the plane.

"Master Wayne," he started "you've been gone a long time" he said as he stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"That I have" Joseph said smiling.

"You look very fashionable" Alfred said causing Joseph to look down at his league of shadows training clothes "apart from the mud."

The plane was soon in the air flying away from the Himalayas and towards Gotham city

"Are you coming back to Gotham for long sir?" Alfred asked as he sat in front of Joseph who looked out the window next to him.

"As long as it takes," he started "I wanna show the people of gotham their city doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt"

Alfred thought for a moment.

"In the depression, your father nearly bankrupted Wayne enterprises combating poverty. He believes his example could inspire the wealthy of Gotham to save their city."

"Did it?"

"In a way," he paused "Their murder shocked the wealthy and powerful into action"

Joseph sat and thought for a moment.

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Joseph Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored I can be destroyed, but as a symbol, I can be indestructible, I can be everlasting."

"What symbol?"

"Something elemental...something terrifying"

"I assume that as you take on the underworld, this symbol is a persona to protect those you care about from reprisals?"

"You're thinking about Jenna?"

"Actually, I was thinking of myself." He said causing Joseph to chuckle to himself.

"Have you told anyone I'm coming back?" Joseph asked.

Alfred shook his head no.

"I just couldn't figure, the legal ramifications of bringing you back from the dead."

"Dead?"

"You've been gone seven years sir."

"You had me declared dead?"

"Actually sir, it was Mr. Earl. He's taking the company public. He wanted to liquidate your majority shareholdings,l. Those shares are worth quite a bit of money."

"Well it's a good thing I left everything to you then."

"Quite so, sir. And you can borrow the rolls if you like, just bring it back with a full tank" Alfred said leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes. Joseph chuckled to himself again.