Chapter O2-8: First Challengers

The night of the show arrives. Date arrives at Club Ether and presents his ticket. He makes his way towards the audience area when he hears a familiar voice.

"Date? What are you doing here?"

Date turns around and sees Ota standing off to the side.

"Ota?" Date asks. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, I asked first" Ota says. "Wait, did you decide to investigate Abyssmare after all?" A couple of passersby's slow down and stare upon hearing what Ota said.

"Don't say that out loud" Date frowns. The passersby's continue on their way. "Besides. I'm just here to disprove the rumors about the trance. Speaking of which, have you seen Iris?"

"No, I haven't" Ota says. "She said she might be a little late. She said something about a friend she's bringing." 

So she didn't give her spare ticket to Ota?

"That is not a surprise to anyone."

"So why are you here and not with the audience?" Date asks.

"Oh, I'm waiting for Tesa" Ota answers. More passersby's slow down upon hearing Ota's words. Aiba activates audio enhance mode to listen in on those passersby's.

"Did I hear correctly? Tesa's coming?" "No way... She'll be in the audience?" "I can't believe I might get to meet Tesa!"

"Look what you did" Date frowns. "Well, that doesn't matter. So, how'd you get tickets?"

"I bought them online as soon as they were available" Ota answers. "I heard Tesa helped write this song on her stream a few nights ago. I just HAD to come watch! What about you?"

"I got mine through the Kumakuras" Date answers. A third set of passersby's slow down upon hearing Date's words.

"Kumakura?" "No way, he's yakuza?" "Are there dangerous guys here...?"

"Woah... You're really treating this like it was an official investigation, huh?" Ota says. "Oh, hey, Tesa's here!" Ota turns towards the entrance and sees Iris walking in with a girl with blue hair.

I recognize her. She works at Sunfish Pocket, right?

"That is correct. I believe her name is-"

"Date! You're here!" Iris skips happily over to Date

"Date! You're here!" Iris skips happily over to Date. "You remember her, right Date?" Iris gestures towards her friend. "She works at Sunfish Pocket! Her name was-"

"Mermaid!" A girl with long, green twin tails shouts, skipping over to Iris' friend.

"Hey, this is a Happy Around show, not a Merm4id show" a short girl with pink hair says, catching up to her friend. "Sorry about Esora" the girl says. "Wait a second. You're Tesa, aren't you...?"

"Ah! Your outfit is Lovely~♡" Esora inspects Iris' friend.

"Why's she wearing the mermaid outfit?" Date asks.