-1-

Bulge Inn Lace was just about as classy a place as you would expect with a name like that. It was old, hidden. Weatherworn bricks with secret neon signs. A hushed pink lit stairwell leading down to thumping bass, bright drinks, and naked boys.

Progression couldn't change tradition and The Bulge had been around before all the changes any how. A safe place to drink, dance, look, touch, be touched. A secret drink that changed weekly had to be ordered at the dank pub above before you could even get to the hidden stairwell from the Inn that had more hourly customers than nightly.

Harry had come once, alone, wide eyed and slightly terrified. He had been cleaning out Grimmauld Place, sick of the suffocating dust and relics from lives he never lived, when he had stumbled on a box of Sirius'. Old photos and mementos poured out onto Harry's lap and a mixture of tears and laughter poured out of him. His favorite were a series of photos featuring Sirius and his father clad in barely there lingerie, tons of smoky black eye make up and ruby red lips. A shy, red faced Remus sitting on a lone chair on a empty stage as the other two pushed their bodies against him in a teasing dance, all of them smiling largely. There was one of Sirius with his body wrapped around a pole, posing sinfully for the camera, on the back the words 'Siri showing off his Bulge Inn Lace x' were written. 

Despite the photos Harry hadn't really any idea what to expect. Feathers, glitter, a fruity drink that made his head spin, a dance floor with men of all colours, shapes and sizes grinding together, a kiss from a stranger that made his head spin even more, and the beautiful bodies on stage putting on a show for them all while taking off their clothes. Harry left with a warmth in his soul he hadn't had for quite a while.

But like life does (especially Harry Potter's) duties he didn't really want, responsibilities and time all piled up and made themselves more important than chasing the highs of what ifs and neon make believe. The aurors needed him, and damn if Harry didn't crave being needed.

Now five years later everyone else had lives outside of work. Substantial things that brought them meaning and happiness. Engagements, children. Families. Harry had eyebags, ulcers, and a crippling caffeine addiction.