The Story

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes as I leaned back thinking back how hard it would had been if I didn't even check through the budget for the trip. As I stretch, I can hear the sound of cracks from my hip and neck. That was really exhausting trying to go through every single details to the trip.

Romeo was nowhere to be seen. I believe he must be with Catherine. I sat back on my chair and went through the final checking before leaving for the airport in 12 hours. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a small figure at the entrance of my room. Taking a small peak while Romeo appeared at the door exchanging looks from me to the little girl as he sat.

"How can I help you, Catherine?" I turned to her as I took off my glasses with a smile.

"Mummy, I can't sleep." she said as she rubbed her left eyes with her tiny fingers.

"Darling, please don't rub your eyes. If you do, later your eyes would turn red and you can see."

I turned to her as she walked to me. Carrying and placing her on my lap, I looked at her.

"Are you afraid of the dark?"

"No, mommy. I just want you to sleep with me." I smiled at the 5 years old girl and carried her.

"Lets go then." I said in my cheerful tone and we went back to her room.

I placed her on the bed and laid beside her. As I slowly tapped her back, she closed her eyes. They weren't fully closed but I felt her trying to sleep.

"Darling, do you want mommy tell you a story?"

"Yes, please." her cute voice answered with a joy.

"Alright. Pinky swear mommy you'll fall asleep later on."

"Pinky swear, mommy." we exchanged our pinky swear.

"Once upon a time, there was princess who was alone in a cottage. Her name was Anna. She does the cleaning, washing and cooking. She wakes up very early in the morning and does her chores. By night, she'll be done with dinner and starts falling asleep-"

"Does Anna have a mommy to help her?"

"No, darling. He mommy became a star when she was your age." I said as I rubbed her hair.

"That is sad." she said in sad tone.

"It is. It's alright. Anna is a strong princess like you." I smiled as I touched her nose making her to giggle.

"Why is Princess Anna living in a cottage?"

"Well, Princess Anna was banished by her father, the king because she wanted to live on her own."

"He father is a bad man. "

"No darling, he is a good father. He just love Princess Anna a lot."

"Oh."

"Do you want me to finish the story?"

"Yes mommy." she giggled.

"So, where was I? Ah. So after her daily routine, she always falls asleep. While she sleeps, she always dream of a handsome man who dances with her. By the time she wakes up, the dream would be gone and she would be very sad. Once day, she decided to go inside the forest to pick up a few branches for the firework. She came across 2 path and that was new to her. She stood there giving a thought where might these 2 path leads her and decided to take the one on her right. Before she take another step, she decided to leave her red coloured scarf on a branch so that she wouldn't be lost. As she walk down the path, she came across a beautiful lake. It was so beautiful that she went and sat by the lake and enjoyed the view."

As I kept telling her the story, I saw her eyes slowly closing as Romeo jumped on the bed as he laid at the corner. I heard her breathing calmly as she slowly fell asleep. Looking at her, my eyes were so exhausted as they start closing themselves. It was so peaceful that 3 of us slept through the night.

To be continued...