pause ;

Maybe the reason I am still breathing is for me to be able to explore how beautiful the world is. It may be hard to face the challenges, like each time I wake up and all I see is a black-and-white world, but each time I try to tell myself to focus on the present. I started seeing different colors, from rainbow to pastel. It was so hard to find those colors because I grew up in a sick, sad world, and it taught me a lot of lessons. Just like learning to live my life one day at a time. When I feel everything is going so fast, just like a fast-forwarding song, I always try to press the pause button so I can breathe. I am inhaling all the good vibes and trying my very best to set aside the negativity. I believe that every struggle I'm facing is a sign that I need to slow down and try to make a list of my problems so I can think of a solution. Whenever I feel like I don't have a purpose, I always thank myself for pushing through, no matter what. I keep on believing that someday all of the stories, poems, and songs I wrote will give inspiration to those who feel hopeless. I'm not 100% sure what my purpose in this world is, but I just keep on swimming. I learned that I do not need to please everyone. Maybe my purpose is to learn and discover different life skills so I will be able to face my challenges in life with confidence. I hope that one day, when my wounds heal, I can help others. Loving myself so I can be more resilient will teach me how to help others. Helping myself, like doing a self-care routine, helps me understand the journeys of others.

Maybe the reason I am still alive is because I still have the chance to explore different challenges in my life. I try my best to balance myself whenever I surf in the ocean. Dealing with the big waves is the hardest thing to do. But if we look at the bright side, there are a lot of lessons to be learned. When I keep telling myself that I want to die, the universe will make a way for me to experience what it feels like to drown. At first, it was so scary, especially if you don't know how to swim, and if my mind is full of negativity, it will make me feel like no one understands what I'm going through until I feel numb. I thought I was dying because that was my birthday wish. But when I tried to open my eyes, I saw the sunrise.I was still floating into the ocean, wondering how I would get back to the shore. My mind can't think of solutions, so I tried to stay calm and remind myself that this too shall pass. I think I should practice more on how I will stop being so hard on myself. By practicing self-care, I realized that it is important to slow down and to understand that not everyone will understand what we are going through. So instead of complaining about why life is so unfair, I tried to have positive self-talk. By doing these, I learned how to appreciate all the good and bad things in my life. I'm not good at anything, but I'm glad that I survived this year. Celebrating my small and big wins helps me see the colorful side of this world. Even if I feel hopeless, I learned how to share positive vibes with others. Setting some boundaries is a big help. Because it will teach us to respect each other. Doing self-care is okay too, because if the love we feel is overflowing, we can share it with others, especially those who feel empty. I know it is not our duty to make everyone happy, but if we have the chance to share our blessings, let's grab this opportunity to share the love and light with others who need it. All of us are on the journey to knowing what our purpose in this world. But if we try to stop and do some deep breathing, it will help us to appreciate that sometimes our presence is the reason why others feel motivated. Let's try to strive harder, because every fight is worth it. There will always be a reward each time we reach the finish line.