07| 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘚𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘬

The clock showed 4:30 AM

Glancing at the sofa, I was captivated by the stunning sight before me.

My wife lay there in an awkward position.

Approaching her, I noticed a few stray strands of hair falling across her face.

Gently pushing the hair behind her ear, she suddenly jolted awake and began to scream.

“Please don't touch me, leave me alone, please!” She cried, squeezing her eyes shut.

“Aadrika, calm down, no one is harming you, look at me, please stop crying.” I reassured her with worry.

Has someone hurt her?” I wondered.

She clung to my hands tightly, seeking solace against my chest.

Her touch stirred up a whirlwind of emotions within me.

I started to stroke her hair soothingly.

Gradually, her breathing returned to normal.

She gazed into my eyes, filled with nothing but anguish.

“I-I'm sorry.” She whispered as she stood up.

“You need not apologize for anything, Aadrika. In fact, I am the one who should be sorry.” I confessed with a heavy heart, knowing that it was my actions that caused her discomfort.

“No, you didn't do anything wrong.” She reassured me quickly.

“Here, have some water.” I offered her a glass of water from the nearby table.

She drank it down in one go.

“Aren't you going to ask me anything?” She inquired.

“I won't. Just let me know when you're ready to talk.” I replied with a gentle smile.

She nodded, returning the smile.

“I'm going to freshen up.” She informed me before heading to the bathroom.

Later, I went to the gym for my workout, but my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of her. “What could have caused her to react so strongly to a simple touch?”

After an hour, I returned to our room.

I knocked on the door and heard her soft voice inviting me in.

As I entered, I was struck by her beauty, which seemed to transcend the physical. There was something about her that drew me in, a mix of emotions that always left me captivated. Her presence brought warmth to my heart, a sense of peace that enveloped me completely.

In her scarlet saree, she exuded the allure of a goddess, her wrists adorned with bangles as she admired her reflection in the mirror.