#23 TURNING POINT

CHAPTER 1 NEW BEGINNINGS

So many boxes. Where is Payu supposed to put them all? Rain had said to put everything in the guest bedroom but it was quickly filling up, he’ll have to store some of them in the basement. The amount of Christmas presents Rain had bought for Angel was slightly alarming. Lita and Fah took home all the things Angel could use right now. But the rest, well, Rain wanted them saved for her room in the new house. Some boxes were huge, containing furniture that needed to be assembled, everything from a makeup vanity, a baby changing table that turned into a dresser to large bookshelves and much more. Some boxes were small, holding learning toys, books, and board games. Rain had thought of nearly everything she might want from now until she's 12. He tried telling his boy to save some things to give to Angel when she’s older, but he assured Payu that there were still plenty of things to give her in the future. Payu didn’t bother arguing with him. Rain was going to do what Rain wanted to do and spoiling Angel rotten was clearly at the top of his agenda. Not that he was against it, he loved his niece of course but Rain has a tendency to go overboard sometimes. But that’s also one of the reasons why he loves him so much, his pure enthusiasm is infectious. So, instead of arguing he’s spending his Sunday afternoon moving boxes to the basement and up the stairs to the guest bedroom.

Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to get back to life. P’ Mohk had contacted Payu during his time off requesting a meeting with him the Friday of their first week back, although he’ss unsure what it’s for. He’s just hoping it isn’t to talk about taking another trip. Neither him nor Rain do well apart.

MONDAY-

Today Payu is conflicted in his feelings. His boy is starting his first of two internships during his last year of university this morning.

Rain had decided he would try out another firm first, promising Payu he would intern at his company last. A firm called Blue Elephant Design or B.E.D., which is an international commercial architecture design firm. Their structures can be found all over Asia, most are corporate buildings with the occasional train station and shopping center. They are well known and respected in the architecture world.

Rain wanted to make sure he gave interning at another firm a chance. One that’s focus is very different from the residential work that Cycle Home Design is known for. Payu has to admit that B.E.D. is an incredible company and Rain would be lucky to work there, but in the end Payu is truly hoping Rain will decide to work with him.

Working with Rain was something Payu had never put too much thought into, until Rain brought up his potential for working at a different firm. Suddenly realizing how much he loathes the idea, he wants Rain with him. Always with him. But of course it’s Rain’s decision to make, not Payu’s. So he’s stepping back and trying not to show his disdain, while crossing his fingers that Rain dislikes this other firm.

There’s always the chance that P’ Mohk may choose not to hire Rain. A decision Payu has no control over as it’s ultimately up to his boss.  Although he has no plans on intervening or asking for any special favors, he’s finding that decision more and more difficult as he watches Rain head off to work somewhere other than with him.

Rain was so nervous he couldn’t even drive. So, he sits in the passenger seat of the Range Rover giving his hubby a kiss good-bye. Yet, making no moves to exit the SUV.

“Don’t be nervous baby, you’re gonna do great. Take a deep breath. Text me if you need anything. I’m only 10 min away.”

“Thank you P’, I’m just afraid I'll do something wrong.  What If I talk too much, or say the wrong thing?” Rain bites his bottom lip. His leg begins to shake from nerves.

“If they don’t appreciate you, it’s their loss. Don’t try to be anyone else. Of course, be kind and respectful, do what you're told, show your capabilities and let them see how you’ll be an asset to their company, but don’t stop being you, being my Rainy. Got it?” Payu squeezes Rain’s thigh.