𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝟷𝟶

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
STEP 𝟷𝟶 - 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You sure youn need nun else" Kennedy asked Cj as he layed in his bed, scrolling on his phone.

It's been 3 days since the accident and he was doing fine. Kennedy was helping him out and Judah was trying to figure out who the masked man was.

"I'm coo" he said looking up at her, making her nod. "Come lay down with me" he said noticing she was about to leave.

"Cant, I gotta go pick up my sister" she sighed remembering the argument her mom and sister had earlier.

"Lemme come with you" he said sitting up, making her roll her eyes seeing as he was still injured.

"No you need to just lay down and chill" she shook her head but he didn't bother respond as he threw his hoodie on.

She huffed leaving the room, knowing it was pointless debating with him.

He followed her out the door as they headed down stairs seeing Judah and their mom on the couch.

"Where y'all going" he mugged feeling left out. "Pick up my sister" she said simply grabbing Cj's keys.

"I wanna come" he hoped up and her face immediately turned into a mug.

"Fuck y'all wanna follow me around like some puppies for" she smacked her teeth.

"Plus that's mean, y'all can't leave your mom here alone" she shook her head noticing  their mom on the couch just watching the scene.

"It's ok, I'm bouta go anyway" she stood up reassuring her. "Go where?" Cj cocked his head to the side.

"Grown folk's business " she simply stated, grabbing her keys and purse before heading out the house.

"Your mom is funny" Kennedy laughed slipping on her slides hearing Judah smack his teeth.

"Ofc your unfunny ass would think so" he spoke, not giving her a chance to respond as he headed outside behind his mom.

"I'm convinced he dont like me, he just like touching me" Kennedy shook her head as Corey laughed.

They both headed outside seeing Judah sitting in the driver's seat of Corey's car, making him immediately start going off.

"Yo jailbird ass is not driving my shit, i just got this shit back" He said walking up to the car, swinging the drivers door open.

"Man fuck you" Judah got out, bucking at him. "That's not fair, he can't fight back right now" Kennedy defended a still injured Corey.

"Oh you fw the opps, bet don't ask me for shit" Judah mugged bucking at her too before heading to the passenger seat.

"You got all yo stuff?" Kennedy asked Lani, seeing Judah putting her suitcases and bags in the back trunk.

"Yeah i'm done with her shit" Lani sniffled as Kennedy brought her into a hug.

Growing up, Lani was always the soft,  sensitive one. That always made people think she was an easy target.

But Kennedy being the more outspoken sister, wasn't going for it.

Kennedy got into at least 6 fights over her sister and she didn't regret any. She was usually a drama free person, but she definitely didn't play about Lani.

So when she left to go live with her dad, she knew their mom was going to push Lani around because Kennedy wasn't there to defend her anymore.

But in the same breath, she never spoke down on their mom to her. She wanted Lani to be able to form her own opinion on her, not over how she treated Kennedy.

She knew it was only a matter of time before Lani got tired of her shit.

Lani wanted to go to College unlike Kennedy, but on her own terms and time frame, not her moms.

"I don't wanna see neither of you too fast ass bitches back here" They heard their mom yelling from her window, making kennedy roll her eyes.

"Lemme take you to dad" Kennedy said as they got into the backseat. A few seconds later, Judah got back into the passenger seat as they drove off.

"So what happened?" Kennedy broke the silence.

"She caught me on the phone with Antwone while I was supposed to be studying, which i was doing at the same time" Lani rolled her eyes.

The car immediately came to a complete stop as Kennedy held onto the seat to keep her balance.

"That nigga finally getting play" Corey looked back at the two girls making judah laugh. But once he saw Kennedy's face he drove off again.

"Hate niggas" Kennedy mumbled more to herself.

END OF CHAPTER

AUTHOR NOTES

short ik

—NEIA ✰