Infection

Chapter 1

"Dammit!" Michael yelled as tears fell from his eyes "You fucking half dead monsters!!" Michael took one last look at his dying friend "I will kill them all for you, Elizabeth" Michael picked up a rusty pole and ran towards the zombies yelled "DIE!!" and bashing their heads in. Everyone is special to Michael, the team leader, but Elizabeth was exceptionally precious. Michael loved her, she was always there when he needed her. Elizabeth was like the mom of the group and Michael the father, but now that's all gone......

Back at camp the team just finished burying Elizabeth "hey..." April sat next to Michael on a mossy log, but Michael just continues to stare at the burning flame. "Have you finished?" Michael says out of the blue "what? oh yeah..." April realized that Michael turned to stare at her. "creepy" April thought. They both remembered the moment so vividly. Before Elizabeth got infected Michael had to end her life completely. Reluctantly he picked up the rusted pole, closed his eyes, and pierced the heart of his beloved. "I can still hear her voice....." Michael mumbled "I know....." April sighed "Her face...her laugh...her everything I miss it so much" "I know..." April sighed again "NO YOU DON'T!! I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO TELL HER THAT I LOVE HER, APRIL!!!" Michael screamed at April "hey, calm down lover boy" Seth said raising his voice over. Seth, a dangerous looking guy with dark blue hair down to his shoulders, his bangs making his ruby red eyes pop as he stared coldly at Michael. Reluctantly, Michael sat back down almost frightened by Seth's stare "Seth, how would you know what it's like to love someone and they not even know it..." a small hic in his words. Seth looked at him then said in his smooth low voice "Trust me, I know what that's like Michael"  Michael looked at Seth then started to laugh with slight insanity, "Seth! hahaha~ being in love!? hahah, tell me the truth dude!" Seth slightly irritated didn't say anything, and the only reason was the fact that April butted in "Michael! quiet, you don't want to attract the zombies~!" it wasn't as loud as she would've wanted it but she doesn't want any turbulence. "She's right Michael, shut the hell up" Seth stepped beside April and poked Michael's chest, hard. "I know he loves me so he doesn't have to say it" April said cheerfully clinging onto Seth's arm, in discomfort Seth says "please get off of my arm April." Michael snickered and Seth punched him square in the nose. April confused suggested they all sleep. Seth was on watch that night. he looked at the moon then to Michael, "I know what it's like to love someone....and they not know....I know...."

The Next Morning

Michael woke up to a startling screech from April "What! What is it! What's wrong!!!" Michael yelled as he stood up showing off his briefs "AHHH~ I don't have any clothes to wear~!! they're all dirty~" April frantically said then she sat down and pouted. Michael, clearly annoyed says "you're screaming about clothes!?" "well yeah, a girl's gotta have clean clothes~" she argued back. Michael sighed and said simply "women"

Seth came to the campsite with a pile of dead animals and said "here's breakfast, lunch, dinner and so forth!" April groaned "we don't have to eat that...do we?" "not unless you wanna starve!" Seth smiled sarcastically. April groaned, got up, and walked down I path that led to a Lake so she could bathe. "tch, she's gonna die out here" Micheal said trying to start a fire to cook the meat "Don't talk like that dumbass" Seth said in his usual cool guy attitude. Micheal looked at him slightly annoyed at how calm and composed Seth looked "hey, what's the big idea? Care about miss priss? Acting all cool, we're in a fucking apocalypse! At least act like you care about humanity!" Seth looked up at Michael skinning a rabbit "Number one rule in a serious situation like this, stay calm" "Fuck that rule! we're alone here, everyone fled while they could! Our dumbasses stayed here to fight because we thought it'd be fun, but holy shit were we wrong! This is hell!" Michael yelled without a taking a third breath, panting he threw a rock at a tree. "You done princess?" Seth said as he cleaned the body and putting it down on the rest of the clean, skinned animals. "Shut up dick" "hey, just asking" Seth said getting up.

"CRRRACK"

The sound of a breaking branch

Seth grabs his machete while Michael gets up and quickly grabs his blood stained bat. "W-Who's there!" Michael called out. Seth gave him a quick glare and asked in a whisper "You think it'll answer you, fuckin idiot"

"CRRRUNCHH"

Another loud noise

Seth and Michael prepared their weapons and started to run towards the trees.

"AHHHH"

A loud high pitched scream

"Oh for fucks sake April!" Michael spat as he put down his bat "it's not my fault you idiots tried to attack me!" April spat back. "April calm down, Michael shut up. April, what were you doing sneaking up on us?" April blushed "I was bathing and I washed our dirty clothes, I was finding a place to hang them up to dry <3" Michael cuts in before Seth could talk "Why do you still have your towel on?" "Weren't you listening? I took a bath you dimbo" April says putting one hand on her hip and one around Seth's arm "In fact I washed everything I had~ If Seth wants to see what's under my towel I will gladly show him! <3" Seth being grossed out tried to get April's arm off of his "I decline that offer -_-"

"Aww come on I know you want a sneak peak~!"

"No I don't, please wrap your towel back up"

Michael starts to crack up "hahaha! This is what you get ass hole!!" Seth annoyed punched Michael on the head and walked off to cook the meat.

"Tch, douche bag" Micheal mumbled. April sat down on a stump clearly hurt and sighs. Michael looks up to her "hey, don't get too hurt, he's just an ass" April looked at Michael and spat "Don't talk to me you dirty, sick, ugly idiot!" "You stupid whore! I was trying to help you! Fuckin brats man!" Michael yelled throwing a rock as hard as he could at a tree, it broke upon impact.

-Time skip-

*There is a loud yelping from a wild dog not far from the three's campsite*

Seth wakes up hearing the loud noise, pushing April off of him he gets his machete. "What is it honey?" April mumbles "Shh, shut up" Seth says looking out of a small opening in the window. Micheal wakes up to April kicking his side "Wake up you lazy ass" "bloody hell what do you want?" Michael responds groggily "shh, there's something out there" Seth whispers. Michael gets up to that "do you think it's them?" He says grabbing his bat "No, it's Santa Claus" Seth said sarcastically. Michael opened their door quiet so nothing out there hears them. "come on, April grab your gun. let's go" Michael walks ready for an attack into the woods. "We aren't going with him, are we?" April asks "We have to. he's our comrade" Seth walks out the door with April closely following.

Michael looks at the dying dog pained. "Damn it..." he sighs

Seth and April catch up to him and April yelps at the sight burying her face in Seth's chest. "We wouldn't have been able to save it any way Michael…" Seth said quietly. April saw something moving in the trees, so she went to get a closer look leaving Seth and Michael to babble

"AHHHHHH" a loud scream escapes April's lips and something cold and dead with bones showing, black blood dripping, and purple skin peeling off grabs her shoulders. Seth and Michael look back to see April being pulled away. "Shit!" Micheal yelled "not again!" he started to run to beat the shit out of the thing but more appeared in front of him. "Fuck, they've surrounded us Seth!" Michael yelled "I know that!" Seth yelled back as he kicked one off of him "Damn!!"

The zombies surrounded them staggering closer and closer.

Will the undead win

((thanks for reading the first part!!!))