168 • Puzzle Pieces #2

The first people attempting to woo her—yes, Reina wasn't fucking dumb and Kazutora was a fucking snitch—were none other than the idiotic trio of the first division, though she supposed that nickname was void now that Kazutora was the captain of the fourth division. Well, whatever. They would remain as the idiotic trio of the first division in her heart.

Ah, they weren't a trio because the game was done in pairs, and Kazutora won that little game of rock-paper-scissors, so Chifuyu pouted and declared he would win the game with his partner, Takemichi—really, Reina was just grateful those two got along even though they weren't part of the same division anymore.

Truth be told, Reina had planned to even out the playing grounds by giving all three gangs information, but she wouldn't reject free gifts, much less free entertainment.

"I don't even wanna know where you found this." Forget glass board games or suncatchers, these dumbasses offered her a deck of stained-glass cards. They were heavy and cracked here and there, and there was a suspicious stain in one of the cards, but they were nevertheless pretty. "You know this is useless in games, right? Since I can see through it."

"You literally play chess by yourself. You'll find a use for them."

Raising an eyebrow at Kazutora, who seemed to be trying so hard to appear innocent. "Okay, Tora. Whose kidney did you sell to get this?"

"No one's." His voice was just a bit too high to be normal and he laughed sheepishly. "Look, just because we beat someone who pissed us off and stole their bedroom decoration doesn't mean you get to judge us. It was pure coincidence, I swear, and you're much worse than we'll ever be."

First of all, Reina would judge anybody and anything, and nobody was going to stop her from doing that. Second of all, she did not have enough moral compass or whatever it was called to care who died or got robbed for her to get these pretty cards. Third and final of all, Reina only asked because she wouldn't mind becoming an alibi in case they got accused of organ trafficking, or in this case, breaking and entering.

But Kazutora actually made a valid point about how she was much worse than they would ever be because Reina was sure they would never go as far as cutting someone's dick, never mind all the shit she did in the other timeline.

"He's an asshole, by the way, so I don't feel bad." At that, she turned to raise an eyebrow at Baji, who shrugged and explained, "He kicked a stray cat."

"Ah." Well, Reina never did like furry animals, but she wouldn't purposefully torment them. And Baji was someone who loved animals, so she guessed his response was valid. With that, she shrugged and pulled out three envelopes.

"There's little room for love in this business," she repeated her own words with a smile. "I look forward to seeing what the others will do."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

Her next entertainment arrived on a Tuesday afternoon, just after the last bell rang. Even though she didn't share the same class with Takemichi, she shared one with Hinata, so seeing Takemichi waiting outside the classroom after school was normal. But today, his goal wasn't to walk his girlfriend home.

"Um...your present, Rei-chan."

Both she and Hinata raised an eyebrow at the obviously fake diamond ring Takemichi held out, which was drawing too much attention, by the way. Closing her eyes, Reina took a deep breath before turning to look at Hinata right in her eyes.

"Hina, you know I'll never wear something this cheap, right?"

"Rei-chan..." Hinata sweatdropped because Reina didn't need to convince her that she wasn't trying to seduce Takemichi. After all, Reina seemed to only have eyes for girls, or older boys. But that was only if she could even form an emotion remotely similar to a romantic crush, which Hinata was starting to doubt she could. So, Hinata turned to face her boyfriend with a hand on her hip. "Takemichi-kun, what's the meaning of this?"