vol. 1 (introduction)

(First up, english isn't my first language and this is my first published english story)

My whole life I've been following the dream of telling people stories, stories that play with their emotions and make them overthink their whole life, or maybe just let them fall into a temporary hole, a portal to another, better, world. Having in mind to achieve that, I tried out many different ways. Probably my most successful option was the world of words, in simple language, writing. I love writing, because it lets me drift into another „dimension", which seems much more colourful and better and exciting than my actual life.

But.. Well, the word „but" already says everything, I suppose. It has a big issue, which I didn't exactly catch in the beginning.

A set story, at least in the view of the reader, doesn't let you use your own creativity. Of course, in my sight as the writer, it's not perfect either, since words are limited.

Words can't express how I feel, how I think, in a nutshell, how I see the world.
So many languages, so many alphabets, so many words, so many letters, but none of those will ever be able to tell you the story I want you to feel and understand with every cell of your body. So, what was my solution to that issue, you may ask.. (you probably didn't ask, but this is my story, so be quiet)

So I answer, music.

My favourite word ever.

What, music? What's up with music? Why is it the solution to my problem of expressing my feelings?
It's because music is a part of everything, somehow at least. Without music, life wouldn't be as magical, without music, we would have less connections to our childhood, without music, movies would be as boring as a piece of raw toast.
Everyone likes it, at least, I don't know anyone who doesn't, because it expresses such an important part of our lives, by just existing. And by all this, I don't mean just music with lyrics, I mean every kind of it.

Classic, rock, pop, alternative, rap, hip-hop, I could go on for hours.. that's the point, there's so many sorts, every single one is a result of centuries of creativity and emotions. Man, I could hum a single tune and it could be stuck in your head for the rest of the day. The harmony of sounds, produced by lot or less instruments and voices, contains such a high level of intelligence, not even that, brilliance, and it's amazing.

Have you ever had the feeling of hearing a quiet melody, right beside your ear, entering your mind and letting you experience a whole new story every time you hear it? Have you ever had the feeling of falling into a river and just floating in a symphony of melodies, accompanying what your soul is screaming? Have you ever had the feeling of a beat falling in sync with your heartbeat? Your bones? Your muscles? Making you dance in the rain, burst out in confidence or making you cry a river? Or hearing a different melody every time you see special someone or do something?

I've had all that before, and if you haven't, you've missed a lot in life. Music isn't even just a cherry on top of a cake, it's the whole base, and the cake is everything you feel. And what's truly amazing, words can be so much deeper, accompanied by music. Just to mark that, here are just a few of hundreds of lines that've been stuck in my head, making my heart light up.

„In the back of my mind, I killed you, and I didn't even regret it- I can't believe I said it. But it's true. I hate you."
-Romantic Homicide by d4vd, at minute 1:42.

„And if a double-decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."
-There is a light that never goes out by The Smiths, at minute 1:03.

„I don't care how long it takes, as long as I'm with you, I've got a smile on my face."
-Here with me by d4vd, at minute 2:31.

„You're the only friend I need."
-Ribs by Lorde, at minute 3:34.

„It's no big surprise you turned out this way, when they close their eyes and prayed you would change, and they cut your hair and sent you away. You stopped by my house the night you escaped. With tears in my eyes I begged you to stay,
You said „Hey man, I love you, but no fucking way!""
-Twin size mattress by The front Bottoms, at minute 0:47.

„One thing I like about me is that I'm nothing like you and I never will be."
-MEAN! by Madeline the Person, at minute 0:41.

„Do you like these little sonnets? 'Cause I wrote them just for you. How quickly they turn sour, so be careful who you screw."
-Not allowed by TV Girl, at minute 1:30.

„Alone at the edge of a universe, humming a tune."
-Dream sweet in Sea major by Miracle Musical, at minute 0:00.

And of course, almost every Alex G song, but that would be too much.

And the list could go on for hours. Did you notice anything? If not, I clearly did. Read lines again. What do you feel? And what do you feel when you take your phone and actually put the names of those beautiful masterpieces in the search bar of your music app, click on the song, close your eyes and let your mind do the rest?

Feels much more intense, right?

That's my example how music can underline words. But we didn't talk about words, did we?
How do you feel about these?

Der Schwan (Instrumental) by Alin Coen.

Haunt Me (x 3) by Teen Suicide (just the beginning).

snowfall by Oneheart & reidenshi.

The Beach (Instrumental) by mxpheebz.

Golden hour (Instrumental) by Piano Dreamers.

And, I could go on for hours. It's enough to hear the instrumental version of songs, like hotline bling (cover by billie eilish) played on the piano. Music is so pure and beautiful, the real magic of our world. And, can I tell you a secret?
I think that music can also work like telepathy. Why I think that? Hm.. So, the list I talked about earlier tell my story. My heart basically beats with them, because every single one of them is connected to a deep memory in my life, which made my personality. But, what if I tell you that I can feel memories that I've never experienced myself? And that, by just listening to songs by people who actually experienced them? And the questions again, have you ever had the feeling of a weight blanket wrapping around your soul while listening to songs about things you've never lived through? Like abuse? I don't know about you, but I have that with „Dollhouse" by Melanie Martinez, „Mama's boy" by Dominic Fike or „Family Line" by Conan Gray.

And suddenly, I'm able to somehow understand the pain which is connected to the melody and words. Is it just me, or am I crazy? I can't be the only one.

That's it. My definition of music and why it is so important. And now, let's be a bit more personal.
I've been playing the piano since I was around 7, started to sing when I was around 9 years old, and started drum lessons in October 2022. One of my biggest desires is to start my own band and play the guitar someday. In the past years, I wasted my time with discovering words (my first stories were published in 2021) and it was really fun, even though it wasn't what I looked for. I listened to music and the only thing I listened to was the lyrics, the words, sometimes tried to separate the different kinds of sounds and instrument I was hearing, but I never heard the symphony.
But, maybe if it sounds like it, I haven't thought about music that deeply years ago, I only first realized when I met this one person (and yes, if you'll ever read this, if your name starts with an A, you're my best friend, and I met you almost one year ago, 21.10.2022, I mean you) who added the missing, but one of the most important, tune to my symphony of feelings.
This person is incredibly important to me and made me really start thinking about all this stuff I just wrote down on this page, so here's a big shout out to them. Thank you for making my life better.

To the reader whose name doesn't start with an A and doesn't suit the rest of my special person's description, I hope I gave the first step on your way to the great door leading to the universe of music, and that you'll maybe find someone like I did on the 21st of October, 2022, someone who inspires you to notice more.
What is your opinion on this one? Can you add something to it?
Anyways, have a great day, reader!

Tommy