Chapter 1

It was late afternoon when Carina entered the kitchen to prepare their late lunch, gathering all the ingredients she needed.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Maya had just set their wedding album on the coffee table, ready to relive their special day while waiting for lunch.

After a few moments she glimpsed at her phone for a quick distraction.

She looked up from her phone and was greeted by the sweet aroma of cooking delicacies. "Mmm, smells delicious," Maya said as Carina walked by. "Thank you," Carina replied before setting the dinner table.

They began eating in silence, thoroughly enjoying their delicious dinner. After a few bites, Maya looked up from her food and gave Carina a gentle smile. "You know, this is really delicious, Carina. You're such a great cook."

In response, Carina simply nodded and continued eating. As the silence persisted, Maya glanced down at her phone before finally looking up at Carina again. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Carina, could I ask you something?"

"Sure," Carina replied. "What's up?"
Maya's tone became more solemn as she continued. "Carina, I've noticed that you've been acting a bit distant lately. It's okay if you need some space. But I was just wondering, is there a reason why you've been distancing yourself from me? Is it because you still hold resentment from our divorce? Or is there something else?"

Carina's expression hardened as she listened to Maya. "How have I been distant?" Carina asked, looking back at Maya.

Maya sighed and set down her phone, trying to choose her words carefully. "Well, you don't hug or kiss me anymore. You don't say I love you. You barely spend any time with me, and whenever we're alone, it seems like you just want to get away from me."

Maya leaned forward and continued. "It's like you only want to focus on Mickayla and not us," she said, sounding sad and a bit firm.

Carina looked at Maya and let out a deep sigh. "Maya, we're divorced."

"Yes, we are, Carina," Maya replied in a somber voice. "But I just want to know why you've become so distant lately. You're always annoyed and sad around me when we're alone. Every time I try to ask you about it, you avoid the question."

"Maya, I've been distant because-" Carina stopped in the middle of her sentence. She seemed to be struggling to find the right words.

Carina closed her eyes, looking away for a moment. Maya watched her with a mixture of worry and confusion.

"Maya, I've been distant because-" Carina stopped in the middle of her sentence. She seemed to be struggling to find the right words.

Carina closed her eyes, looking away for a moment. Maya watched her with a mixture of worry and confusion.

"Maya, I've been distant because it's hard for me to be around you and not be able to touch you..."

Carina's voice trailed off as she recalled memories from their past relationship. The silence between the two women stretched out for several minutes. Maya was stunned by Carina's confession, and it took her a moment to process what she had just heard.

Once Maya let Carina's response sink in, her heart ached slightly. "Touch me?" she asked, her voice quivering with desperation.