Chapter 1

Sophie and Howl are now together. After those long days of war, Howl finally could do whatever that pleased him.

"Sophie," he said, "would you care to accompany me to my secret garden?" He smiled.

"I would love to, Howl." She took his hand turned the lock to pink color which led them to Howl's 'secret'garden.

He grabbed her by the waist and headed out to the field. Sophie started running towards the waters, spinning around and taking a deep breathe while placing her hands on her chest.

"It's so weird. I can never get tired of this place each time I come here. It's so peaceful and the feeling never gets old." She turned to Howl and found him smiling at her like she was part of the scenery. He walked towards her and put his arms around her waist and laid his chin on her right shoulder and closed his eyes.

"I've always loved this place as well. But ever since you came, this place has gotten even more worthy of coming." He whispered. Sophie got surprised and started blushing. She placed her hands on his. "You always get me when you say words like those. Thank you for loving me, Howl."

He opened his eyes and took his hands off her waist to cup her cheeks and his face came closer to hers. "Do you know why I find you beautiful, Sophie?" His gentle words surrounded her. "It's because you're like this, that you always speak your heart out, and that you always have someone else on your mind rather than yourself. And I love you for that." He kissed her on her forehead and put his forehead into hers, hands still cupping her soft cheeks.

Sophie looked into Howl' blue eyes, eyes as clear as the waters that also had a sense of darkness in it. She placed her hands onto his. She didn't say anything, but only listened to the sound of his breathing and the nature surrounding them. The waters clashing onto the shore and the wind blowing the green grass and tinny daffodils. This peace and love was all she ever wanted. She could stay like this forever, not letting him go. Suddenly, there was a little pain in her chest. The feeling as if Howl was going to disappear. She tried to shift aside the sadness. "I love you Howl. I love you." She could feel him smiling even though she had her eyes closed.