Why a string

Floofty had never believed in soulmates, or most of romance for the most part, they knew some gramps fall in love, but they now have to think about it more than they have before. They thought that they knew that the thing called soulmates, but now Floofty was now in something that had to do with soulmates.

The week has been as normal as their weeks could get. They wake up, get ready, go to work as college professor and teach biology, and when they were done at work or had the day off they would go to a makeshift lab they had made in their garage and do what they would call a scientific study. That day Floofty had got a day off of teaching at their job because of a holiday that they did not take part in, that was about romance and love. They looked at the clock that they had hung up on their wall, they put on their prosthetic leg and walked down the hallway, on the walls there were hung up documents of their accomplishments and some photos. 

      When they got to their 'lab' they got to work on the research they were doing immediately, they had brought a sample of a Strabby from Snaxburg to do research on it. Floofty looked out a window that was in the garage, they saw gramps being all lovey-dovey which didn't bother them but they'd rather have not seen it, they stop looking out their window and went back to their research, they sat back down at their desk, the desk was very cluttered, it had scattered papers about some old study, a book they had since they were child that they had forgot what happens in it, and a sample of something in a glass jar that not even they knew what the sample was or how it got there. It had been at last an hour by now Floofty had to put down the work for now because they were felling ill, it may have been because they had not been getting enough sleep, walk back in to their house to maybe take a nap but probably not.

Before that they looked at the news even though they normally they do not but sometimes they find some of the idiotic things gramps do funny, but most of the time they find the dumb things some grampus do so idiotic that it is like the grampus doing the thing never went to school and they thought it was very annoying. The news reporter was saying one of the most stupid things that Floofty had ever heard "there are going to be soulmates assigned to everyone, and to lead you to your soulmate there will be a red string of fate on your ring finger" said the news reporter, they thought that was extremely stupid, but the news reporter was probably only saying this, because of what holiday it was that day, so they turned off the laptop they was watching the news on and went to take a nap.

Floofty woke up and they looked at the clock, it was the next morning at 4:00 A.M. it was the weekend so they were going to try to go back to sleep, they remembered that they had left their research on their desk. As soon as they got out of bad to put the samples of the Strabby that they were studying away. They looked down at their hand and saw it, a bright red string that looked to be tied on their ring finger, it looked like it was glowing, now they knew that they were dreaming, so they went back to sleep. 

   They woke up two hours later, it was now 6:00 A.M. and now they realize that it was not some weird dreaming. Floofty looked back down at their hand to see that the string was still there and it looked like it could pass through walls. This had to still be a dream, none of this could be happening in real life, but if it was all just one big dream, why would they be dreaming of this. They thought about it for a few seconds, what if this is actually real? They sat on the side of their bed, they were confused for a few seconds longer than they normally were, so many thoughts passed through their head. But still they decided to go back the research that they were doing yesterday. 

They back to their 'lab' they got back to their research. Just as they were doing the day before,  they was doing some kind of study on the samples. They tried to not think about the red string, but outside their window Floofty saw that most of their neighbors were following the red string. They thought it was stupid that so many of their neighbors actually believed in it. Come to think of it, they may have just been hallucinating, maybe some of the chemicals they inhaled are doing this to their brain. They were not inhaling any chemicals, so that couldn't be the case, what could've been happening was this all real, but they knew that it was all stupid, so they decided to not pay attention to it and to go back to work. Besides they were not the one who normally was very paranoid, that would be their brother, Snorpington. Floofty continue to work, til nightfall as normal, but at this point, the string was getting obnoxious, it got in the way of many things. They thought about cutting the string off their hand, because they always thought the concept of soulmates was stupid. For some reason they did not at cut the bright red string off their finger at that current moment.