Chapter 122: The Tipping Scales!

"Now for the last time...!  Back...  The hell...!  Off...!"  Ren growled to the other heroes.

Mirko begins to smirk as she cracks her hands and neck as Death Arms nervously gulps and readies himself.

"Calm down...  that wolf...  It wasn't real...!  It...  It must've been my mind playing tricks on me...!  Besides, he's just one guy...!  We have more than 150 heroes with us, even if he is strong; there's no way he can win against these numbers...!"  Death Arms thought to himself as he stared at Ren, who held his position; hardly even flinching at the other heroes' glare.  "There's...  No way...  Right...?"

"A rebel to the very end huh...?  I like that look in your eye...!  I'll give you points for being as bold as you are...!  If you wanna dance with the likes of us...!"  Mirko replied as she leapt towards Ren.  "THEN LET'S DANCE REN!!!"

Mirko flips herself over and prepared to strike Ren, who remained in his spot; his eyes being the only thing that darted over to Mirko.  To her surprise, Ren; rather than transforming, flips over Mirko with a backflip, the two lock eyes as Mirko freezes at Ren's angry glare.

"He...  He dodged my- "  Mirko thought as Ren kicks her in her face once more; sending her stumbling backwards with a bloody nose.  "Fuck...!  Again...!?  How can he dodge my attacks in his normal form...!?"

As Ren lands on the ground, he continues to stare at the ground as he allowed his arms hang low.

"...  Ever since I was 12...  I was forced to fight in underground matches..."  Ren said to Mirko as he begins to stand tall once more.  "I faced a whole bunch of strong guys, whether I wanted to or not...  All of them way stronger than me...  All of them ready to kill me...  Day in and day out, from morning until night...  I had to fight to live...  I had to fight to survive, hell; just to even have the right to breathe..."

Ren takes off both of his gloves, looking at a scar on both of his palms going diagonally from his pinky to the bottom of his thumb. 

"Every day it was the same routine...  Wake up in a rat infested cage...  The warden brings in a single plate of food for you and the other kids to fight over...  Once breakfast was over; a lucky guy gets chosen to fight in these deathmatches while the girls all got taken to a..."  Ren continued as he clenched his fist.  "If I won, then I got to live... But if I lost, I got beat by our warden until I couldn't stand anymore; only to be expected to preform just as well as before the next morning...  My opponents had all kinds of deadly weapons they wanted to use against me... Guns, knives, claws, hooks, cleavers...  But you know what I got to defend myself with...?  The only thing I could depend on to keep me alive...?"

 Ren slowly looks up at the other heroes once more, glaring and seething with rage.

"A fucking steel pipe...!  But you know what...?  Despite everyone betting against me ever time, I SURVIVED ever time...  Despite being sent into that god-forsaken dome over and over again, expecting each time to be my last...  I...  Lived...!"  Ren said to Mirko as he turned to face her.  "I've been slashed at, shot at, clawed, maimed and even tortured for 2 years straight...  And yet...  Here I am; standing against all of you...!"

"LIKE I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR SOB STORY!"  Mirko yelled as she leapt back over to Ren once more.

"You should...!"  Ren replied as he held his hand out towards Mirko; surprising her slightly as a bright green flash blinds the other heroes as Lodestar appears.