The beginning

I paused as I walked up the steps to the now all-too-familiar gym. His car was here. I held my breath as I opened the door, the cold air rushing over me and cooling my sweaty palms. I wiped my hands on my leggings— black, thank god— and looked up to find my eyes locked with his. Silas. He was stretching.
"Hey," he said, smirking at me. I'm not sure what constituted the smirk.
"Hi," I said back, as casually as I could. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes, his curly hair falling lightly over his forehead. His muscles glistened with sweat under his loose white tee, shining under tanned skin. It was hard to look at him. I couldn't hold eye contact for long enough without laughing anyway, so I looked away. I laughed at everything, because I was awkward!
"So what are you hitting today?" He asked.
"Legs," I said, instantly regretting it as I saw the smirk that spread across his face. We'd been flirting yesterday, and he had mentioned a particular asset of mine he'd liked. "Or shoulders then, since that made you so happy."
"I'm good with shoulders," he said. I rolled my eyes and walked into the locker room before he could see the color in my cheeks.
    I'd known him for a few months now, and if I'm being honest he was the main reason I'd even even stayed past a "trial membership" at this gym. He wasn't weird or creepy like a lot of the personal trainers I'd met. He was even sweet...when he wanted to be. Like when he brought his dog into the gym just because I asked him to. He had tried to play it cool, but...come on.
     I tied up my hair, looked around, then took my pink lip gloss out of my bag. I put it on, turning my lips into a little strawberry glazed donut. Just like a little glazed donut. Then I stood there looking at myself in the mirror, turning right and left, making myself insecure. I felt like my stomach was sticking out too much, my eyes were too big, my cheeks too chubby. I shook my head and looked away. I did this all the time. But I wouldn't let my negative self talk ruin my workout today. Besides, I had trouble to tend to. Trouble in the form of a man. So, I let "I knew you were trouble when you walked in" play in my headphones and quite literally my mind as I laced up my sneakers and walked back out into the gym.