2.0 Chapter 26 (Part 2): Define God

Honestly I thought I'd be weird if I just updated this on last chapter. So that one is just gonna be a short chapter.

Full disclaimer it might prolong to chapter 27. I don't know yet. But this is still part of chapter 26. Thanks for sticking around guys!

Here is what you've been waiting for.

Or maybe...

———

Mari's POV

"She's risen chaos?" I asked.
Future Marinette looked at me with some type of argument inside her mind. She hesitated only for a second.
"Like I said, our future needs to change. Do you remember another time when destruction took over Earth?" Future Marinette asked.
Meaning...Chat Noir had been akumatized and Bunnyx came to me to stop him from destroying our future. I remember thinking that Adrian must have told someone about me and it kept spreading. That's probably why the chaotic situation happened in the future.
"Yes...you aren't saying that Celestino destroyed the future?" I asked.
"Everyone with a miraclous has been staying hidden in the time portal with both the Alix's. Your Alix found out that Celestino shows up today at this very time. And it's the first time Ladybug loses. She told me about it and I knew I had to come back. Marinette you might not understand this fully, the second Ladybug loses, the Hope inside the people of Paris shatters. Ladybug is their hope. And she must never lose. And I'll make sure of that."
"What happens to you...to all of you?" I asked.
"Before we go to Chat Noir. You need to understand my plan. I'll call everyone in...Alya...why don't you join us as Rena?" Future Marinette asked Present Alya. She nodded and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.
What if we lose?

I shook away the thought. If I thought of the series of events that could muster up the future ahead of us, set in stone or not, I was going to fix it. Like I always do. And always will.

I transformed and watched as Trixx pouted.
"Why can't I be assigned to Alya?" Trixx asked, I shook my head.
"I'm sorry, Trixx. ShadowMoth knows her identity. And I can't risk it right now." I told Trixx, who seemed to growl.
I handed Alya the dog miraclous and she transformed.
"Barkk, On the hunt!" Alya transformed quickly and smiled at her costume.
"It's funny." She commented. "I love it. Not as much as you Trixx...of course."
I smiled.

"Let's meet with adult us." I said.

Which was a weird thing to say overall. But it's surprising it took Celestino five years to actually steal a miraclous while ShadowMoth......

"How did Celestino get the Butterfly miraclous?" I asked as we yo-yo-ed to our destination.
"Like I said, it's a mystery. Alix's are looking for it."
"Technically speaking Alix knows all our identities?" I asked.
"Yes...that's why-"
"We knew she had to leave." I finished.
"Yes."
The power of the Bunny Miraclous is as dangerous as any. Maybe the most.

"Does she know who ShadowMoth is?"
Of course she does, but she won't play with the timeline and I'll never ask her to either. That isn't what the miraculous is made for.

We landed on the ice ring and I looked at the future Ladybug and she didn't look as different. Granted she doesn't change back after five minutes of using her power.

"Why are we in the Ice ring?" I asked.
"Come out guys! It's just young Ladybug and..."
"Dog Power!" Alya yelled.
Then she made a face and shook her head.
"I'll think of something." She grumbled.

Everyone and I mean everyone came out. I of course knew their identities, so I was pretty surprised to see them so close and...together.
"Do they know each others secret identity?" I asked.
"Yes. There was no other choice. And 'Chat Noir' is not here. He's safe in another portal. Alix is looking after him. So you won't know his identity."
"What happens to you when we fix this?" I asked.
"Most likely we'll seize to exist." She shrugged again.

"What's the plan?" I asked. A little louder. Everyone stared and I mean stareddddddddddd.
"What's wrong?" I asked them.
"It's weird knowing you you are M-sorry...you get the idea." Carapace or Nino said. I just nodded.

It makes sense. I mean I am a clumsy girl and then this superhero that saves Paris every-time Paris needs her.

"Celestino isn't as strong as she is in the future. We know her weak points then. We know what will happen and we know exactly what she'll do next. We will give you just enough information to defeat her and it should not hinder the timeline. It shouldn't change what is to come."
"This plan has many plot holes." I said.
"I understand, but...the future is at stake here—what does Alix call me—Mini me."
I smiled at the nickname.
"Fine...but how does this work with a Chat Noir?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" Future Ladybug asked.
"He isn't here...you know the future one."
"Oh...the thing is...we can't lose another Cat Miraculous. It's our only one. So the present Chat Noir won't join you."
"What?" I asked. "That's crazy! He's my partner-"
"Which is why it's best if he doesn't go. Destruction is the worst thing to ever happen in the future and it's all cause we lost the Cat Miraclous. It's not his fault, Ladybug. But it's best if we still had a cat and ladybug Miraclous."
"What would I even tell him?" I asked.
"Oh...I got the invitation and information." I looked toward the ceiling where the black cat sat. His eyes wavered and he had the most saddest smile in the world as he used his stick to slide to the icy ground.
"I understand why I can't fight, Ladybug. And it's fine. It's best if we had the Miraculouses." It was as if he practiced the speech.
"Are you sure?" I asked. I didn't want to walk toward him, but I did anyways. I didn't care if all the adult superheroes knew my identity and his. I didn't care what they thought of me. Maybe a hypocrite because I say I love Adrian...but I also love Chat Noir.
"It's best. And you know what that means, Ladybug. Celestino won't get this Miraclous ever again and that's a promise." Chat smiled again and this time I surely could feel the confidence he felt saying that. I just didn't feel right fighting an enemy without my best friend and partner. He is always beside me. Fighting. And this...I won't have him beside me anymore.

It's one fight!

No..there are thousands of other fights we have fought together and this one alone just doesn't feel right.

"No...Chat Noir shouldn't stay away just because you are scared that we'll lose the Miraclous!" I turned toward the future Ladybug, who looked away.
"I get that you're scared and all, but Chat is part of this team. A team I made! He is chosen. He won't let any harm come to the Miraclous and I trust him. I don't see why you don't..."
The future Rena went to future Ladybug's side and hugged her.
"I can't tell her..." future Ladybug whispered.
"She needs to know."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.
Future Rena pulls away from the hug and gives a encouraging nod.
Future Ladybug walks up to me and bites back tears.
"Chat Noir perishes away today, Ladybug."
"WHAT?!"

———

I sincerely apologize. See you next chapter!

Love cliffhangers!

NEXT CHAPTER IS OUT!!!

Pound it M'Lady🐞
Pound it M'Kitty😻