2.0 Chapter 27 (Part 1/3): No

I apologize for this chapter and the cliff hanger.

1/3 means it's gonna have three parts. Just sayin. But it will be named different chapters. You need to read all three to move onto chapter 30!

(Edit: I just saw that I've gotten 582 reads on this book! Thank you everyone. Welcome to chapter 27!)(edit was made Sep 20, 2023)

———

Mari's POV

I stared too long. I know I did. The words hit as if I had fallen from the sky and killed myself. I felt this pit in my stomach which turned sour. Bubbled with guilt and unknown sorrows.
"No..." I muttered.
"Ladybug-"
"NO! He doesn't..." I turn to Chat Noir and he's already staring at the ground. "You can't perish!" As if I could stop something meant to happen.

No...not meant...set in stone.

"I apologize Bunnyx. Chat wanted to fight nonetheless if he'd perish or not. He fought and when Celestino got too close...he somehow cataclysm himself so Celestino never gets the miraclous...we...we've done this five times, Ladybug. Every-time we lose. You have to trust me..." the words that shatter you aren't ones that come from your loved ones. But ones that come from yourself. Future self or not.

No..no...no please no. No...was he chosen because of this? Was I chosen to see my partner erase himself from existence?

I turned to Chat Noir and he was trembling with tears. I hugged him. Without a thought.
"You won't fight." I told him.
"B-but-"
"No...Alix will make sure of it." I said.
"Alix-"
I glanced at Future Ladybug who nodded.
Bunnyx came from behind of Chat Noir. Without a thought I pushed Chat Noir into the portal.
"LADYBUG! NO!" He yelled. But he was already gone.
Before I could crumble to my feet and cry...Alya hugged me. I welcomed her embrace.
"You did the right thing, Marinette." She whispered.
Now everyone else knew my identity. It just felt wrong being called Marinette in my Ladybug identity.
"We have to defeat Celestino. No matter what happens."

"We will." Future Ladybug says.
I took a deep breathe and watched my older self bite back more tears.
"You said you had done this five times." I said. "What happened the other times?"
"Chat Noir always came back at the end. To...perish...I've been without a Chat Noir for five years and without..."
"And without whom?" I asked.
Her bluebell eyes stared into my soul.
"I can't tell you. You just need to know you need to protect Chat Noir. For your own sanity."
That was a little deep. Was Chat Noir someone I cared about?

I can't think like this!

Not if I want to lose Tikki and with her the power to be Ladybug.

"Fine. Let's begin this plan. What does Celestino want?" I asked.
"She wants power. That no other figure has achieved. The ultimate weapon."
"The power to wish the world away?" I asked.
"Yes. I'm the only one and now you too, who can stop her from doing so. If her future self even got the hint that we were here, she'd attack us. Now she's weak...now we can defeat her once and for all. We just need to make sure we don't let her future self enter this present to destroy Chat Noir."
"But Chat is safe." I said.
"He always comes back." Carapace said.

I sighed.
"Is Chat Noir someone we know?" I asked. I know this was risky. But there shouldn't be any harm. This a life or death situation.
"Yes." Rena intervened. "But you can't know anything about him. We need to keep him in the portal and make sure he's safe. And defeat Celestino. We'll talk through the ear pieces. And now...our identities." Rena said.
"Right now?" I asked.
"The faster we do this the better. Mini Alya needs to know our identities."
"Mini?"
"I...ok...spots off." I muttered the incantation. Detransforming as did the others.

Alya gasped.
"Luka? Kagami? Zoe? Juleka? Rose? Ivan? Max? Wow, Marinette you chose our whole class." Alya stopped gapping at the adult superheroes that had detransformed.
"Are we done. I'll give the Miraclouses and you need-"
"Wow, when Chloe figures out her half sister took over the bee miraclous. That's gonna be one hella party."
"Alya! Focus." I transformed once more and handed her a few miraclouses.
"Get Luka, Juleka, Rose, Kagami. I'll get the rest." I said.
"Oh...okay...I'm sure the adult versions should transform back. Cause we don't want more knowing. Ya know..."
"True. Also, get Nino."
"Nino said he was at Adrian's place. I'll look there."
"Oh! Uh..rrr...I'm not. I'm actually going home at this moment. You'll catch me walking back from Adrian's."
"Oh...ok."

Is this it? The big stand off? Not in front of ShadowMoth. But Celestino?

"After we get the Butterfly miraculous...where is the peacock one?" I asked.
"We don't really know. But someone took it. Hopefully everything goes well and you can figure that out. Here. Keep in touch with the ear piece. Do as we say. We will be watching." Future Ladybug said.

I nodded.

Am I doing the right thing.

———

Part 2/3 is going to be published shortly.

Do you think Ladybug is thinking right?

Or should she call back Chat Noir?

I am going to watch Episode 21-26 season 5 on Disney plus today! So no updates at the moment. They are coming. I'm just watching Ladybug and Chat Noir. 🍿🥤🍫 see you tomorrow....;)

Pound it M'Lady🐞
Pound it M'Kitty😻