Heal

<MOMMY ^^^^>

Earth 982

Nueva York.

You are humming to a song in your office. It's quite good. You tap your pen along the side of your table and you lean your head back.

You chose a spinning chair to sit on, it floated above the ground and it had a slick white design to it.

"m- m... m mmmmm..... hmmm..." You hum. You were knee deep in your work process. An anomaly had broken free of it's containment and escaped to another universe temporarily. It caused a lot of trouble for HQ, more specifically, you. You were in control of the sector in HQ, so that missing anomaly made you have to go and fix everything.

Because the anomaly had destroyed a portion of the building, no work could be carried out within that sector. It's driving you insane already... imagine the work Miguel had to do...

Contrary to the popular belief, Miguel ran the more technical stuff like figuring how to open portals faster, designing the watches... keeping track of all the spider people.... all the spider people. He also designed a good portion of the spider suits, kept track of all the anomalies and predicted canon events.

However, you handle logistics and inventory. A large portion of supplies was taken and scattered into 20 different universes, so you decided to just let it rest rather than have people retrieve it.

Okay... maybe his job was harder, but that doesn't mean yours isn't important.

You tap quickly on the purple screens while listening to the music... you get into your groove.. you redirect the manufacturing sectors to HQ's second base and and substitute some equipment for others. You then had to move all the spider people working in that sector to the second smaller base until it was fixed.

Little natural light goes into your window, after all your office is in the basement. It's nice and cold down here. You slouch over your desk. You're wearing your suit and a lab coat over. You weren't going to ever do any experiments but it was for comfort.... and it reminded you of.....

You sigh and pick up a cup from your table. You smell it. It's not rotten. You take a sip... it's just water... if it were in it's coldest state... and floating in some bean soup... with cow parts... it's a iced latte.

Beep-beep.

You don't hear it over your music. You nod your head as you review footage of the anomaly escaping. You spin around in your chair a little.

You find an error in the system and you set the coffee down to fix it. You pull up several additional screens to pinpoint the problem.

"needless to say.... her in check... mmh hmm mm." You mumble under your breath.

You tap some more, you pull up a couple dimensions the anomaly escaped into to assess the damage. A few buildings ended up in the abyss... but other than that, no deaths, and thankfully no incursions.

BEEP. BEEP.

Did you hear something..?

Nah.

"Mmh hmm she wanna ride me like a cruise... hmmm mm." You do a little head bop. You have about... 98 hours left of work to do. You've been at it for 5.

Your eyelids grow heavy. You yawn-

"Y/N."

You jump out of your chair and you hit your head on the ceiling.

"Fuck.." You pull of your headphones and look around.

No one is there... are you going insane because of work? You wait and listen.