Chapter 67 - We're Back

[Correlates with Chapter 3-4 After The Runaway. Book 3]

We found the idiots. This guy came at me with no weapon so I thought it was a good time to beat the shit out of him before I shoot him.

I went to swing again, but then felt a sharp pain in my side. When I put my hands to the area, he took that chance to run. He didn't get very far before someone shot him in the door way. Johnson came around the corner then his eyes widened once he saw me. I looked down at my hands to see they are covered in blood. I looked back up at Johnson.

"We need to get you out of here."

I was stabbed. I always see that coming, how did I not see that coming? I kept my hand on my side. Johnson put my arm around his shoulders and helped me to walk out of here.

"Say something, Jason" He said to me.

"I'm fine." I managed to say. I didn't want to say that this was the worst pain I've ever felt.

"Yo what the hell happened?" Travis asked as he jumped out of the van.

"The bitch stabbed me." I told him.

"I'll call the doctor." We have a doctor on this island that helps us out. We pay him very well.

"I-I need to sit." I said.

"In the van." Johnson told me as he walked me over to it. Travis opened the door for me. I groaned loudly as I tried to get in.

"Fuck." I mumbled as I sat down. I leaned back and threw my head against the seat. The last and only time I got stabbed was when I was seventeen. It was in the leg and I was fine. But this is different. This was right into my side. I hope to god it didn't hit anything important.

"Hold this to it." Johnson said as I felt something land on my lap. I looked down to see a rag. I pulled my bloody hand away from my side and then held the rag to the cut. I winced and tried to control my breathing.

"Can you please go to my house and-" I stopped talking as the pain got worse. "J-just tell Mackenzie what's going on and that I'm completely fine." I said as I shut my eyes.

"Keep your eyes open." Johnson said in panic.

"I'm fine, man. I promise. It just hurts." I told him as I opened my eyes. "Can you just do that for me? I told her earlier what time I should be there. It's going to be way passed that time when I'm done with the doctor." I begged him. He nodded.

"I got you." He said back. Then he looked over at Hunter who came out of no where. "You got him?" He asked him. I leaned my head back again. This shit hurts so bad.

***

"They kicking in yet?" Hunter asked me. I knew he meant the pain killers.

"Yeah." I answered with a nod. "I still feel it, but it's better" I said back. I got stitched up and now have a big ass bandage over it. I have my shirt off and it's just hanging over of my shoulder. I was fucking sweating when the doctor was doing the stitches. That shit hurt.

We pulled up to my house finally. I need to relax. The second the car parked, I struggled to get out of the car. I heard someone coming so I looked up to see Mackenzie. She's running to me with tears running down her face. She wrapped her arms around me, but made sure to only be on the side where I'm not hurt. She must have been worried.