𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

Earth 42
21:45

"You got the parts?" Uncle Aaron inquires as his nephew walks through his apartment door

"You got the parts?" Uncle Aaron inquires as his nephew walks through his apartment door. "I'm here after a full day of doing school work ain't I?" Miles sets the dark green box on the island. "You know you would never dedicate no full day to doing school work." Uncle Aaron laughs lightly as he pulls out his ringing phone to answer it.

Miles begins being active on his phone as he takes a seat on the leather sofa. He shoots Y/n a text when he remebers that they had exchanged phone numbers.

You got home safe?

yeah, thanks for asking .

So we cool?

"How she gon' give us the parts for the claw and not provide the right screws?" Uncle Aaron says to himself while shuffling through the box. "Miles," Uncle Aaron calls for his nephew. "Yo." Miles responds, lifting his head up slightly but his eyes didn't leave his phone. "You ain't check the box before you brought it to me?" Uncle Aaron is still looking through the box. Miles walks up next to him to see just what he was complaining about.

"I ain't have the time. You can't work with this?" Miles picks up a piece to examine it then looks at his Uncle. "Nah man. Farris gon' have to tighten up 'cause this...this is bullshit." Uncle Aaron breathes with irritation and walks away.

_____________________________________

Y/n's Pov

Ms. Farris is like a grandmother to me. She was good friends with my mother and helped her raise me and my brother, Julius, when our father died. That was a very sad time for us all, but what crushed us was when our mother got life in prison for a crime our father comitted. Ms. Farris took up the role as our parental guardian and did the best she could to make sure we was straight. She kept us in school, taught us how to hustle, and stay down.

Then my brother died. My other half had left me. To this day I refuse to belive that his death was justified because people belived he was a bad guy. No justice came outta his death. He wasn't a bad person; he just got involved with some bad people, but don't we all? There's only two people I trust now and consider as my family and one of them is Ms. Farris.

"I know who killed Jul." I enter through the doors of Ms. Farris's home and see her usual workers scattered throughout her living room.

Ms. Farris slowly rises from her infamous reclining chair and turns to make eye contact with me. All the murmers I heard when I entered had all died down and the old woman and I, were the only two standing.

She blinked then looked around to the workers in her living room and began to wave her hands around then said, "My grandbaby's here, y'all can go." She shooed them out of her living room causing them all to leave. "Aaron on the phone." Rollo, a buff dark skin man said to Ms. Farris. "I know exactly what his bald ass want. He can wait. Tell 'em I ain't home." Ms. Farris waved him off. Rollo passed on the woman's message into the receiver before hanging the phone back up on the wall and exiting the estate along with the others.

I walked towards her and sat on the sofa adjacent from her reclining chair. She sat down and furrowed her eyebrows at me. Once she heard her front door shut, she began speaking. "You know who killed Jul?" She squints in disbelief. "Yes." I nod. Ms. Farris slides back into her seat and gets comfortable then turns her chin up at me, "Well how you find out?"

"I—" Just as I was about to complete my sentence it felt as if something grabbed my tongue, preventing me from telling her what I saw. "I saw a person with a familiar tattoo and remembered that it was the same as the one I saw when Jul got shot." That was the story I ended up telling her instead.

Every time I said the word "tattoo", I only thought of the prowler symbol. Those words weren't my own. The feeling I felt was not of my body.

I don't understand what's going on...

Ms. Farris looks at me as if she was trying to read my body language because even she noticed that I was acting funny tonight.
"You know his face?" She takes a sip of her water. "How could I forget?" 

"Y/n, it's something you not telling me, girl. Perhaps it ain't for me to know," She shrugs before continuing. "but Julius was my grand baby too so I can understand why you wanna share your concerns with me." She finishes.

I take a deep breath before saying my piece. "Farris Vaughn, what should I do?" I look at her with pleading eyes. Ms. Farris is taken aback at my use of her government name but she laughs to herself. "If you asking Farris Vaughn for what to do you gon' get a dangerous answer, lil girl." She laughs.

"The dangerous, the better." I say. I watch as Ms. Farris's demeanor changes and she's no longer laughing. "You got your gun on you?"

"Always." I say. "Show me." She demands. I pull it out without hesitation from behind my back where it was tucked in my pants and underneath my shirt. I place it on the coffee table.

She then stands, hobbling over to her bookshelf and removes a black box from a small compartment. She brings it over to the coffee table then opens it.

It was a Desert Eagle Handgun. It was freshly polished sterling silver, ready for use. It was one of the best handguns in the game. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

"Belonged to your Daddy. Right before they took your Momma. She told me she wanted me to keep it...For you." I ripped my eyes off the beautiful pistol, looking back up at Ms. Farris as soon as she said those words.

"You want me to exchange my piece for it?" I asked for reassurance. "It's yours. Don't what you want. Just know that shit kills." She told me. As I was reaching for it she shit the box causing me to snap my hand back quickly. "You gotta promise me one thing." Ms. Farris's time got lower as she leaned in towards me.

"Once you find the person who did this, you gon' shoot him dead."

_________________________

Miles was in the middle of pulling his keys out of his pocket to enter the apartment when he heard his phone go off.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he checked his phone to see who texted him.

yea, we cool