Be the Change

Everyday I am caught by my passion for advocating for equitable and inclusive reproductive healthcare, fertility benefits, and workplace culture and balancing my own work inside of a structural organization to support mandates, priorities, and objectives.

While it can be a persistent internal battle, I am always reminded of the great work happening in both of these paradigms. Having lived experience and bravery to speak truth to power has provided me the unique duplicity of advocating for change, while also being a part of the change that tackles complex problems.

Nova Scotia is growing at a rapid pace, with so many of our people experiencing this lifestyle for the first time. Our workforce has never been more diverse, and the needs are broad, deep, and intersecting. 

We (the royal we) really need to think about how we show up - in our workplaces, in our communities, and in our hearts. Moving away from systemic structural guardrails and heteronormative narratives to opening space for brave conversations that allow everyone to bring their whole selves to work, to community, to each other.

This is why I am a proud public servant. To continue to be the change and in service to Nova Scotians.