Game Over

(A one shot written for Bible's Birthday project. )

It may look off but it does gets interesting

"Come on Pete , every marriage has this phase. You just need to endure a bit." Shasha says to Pete while doing squats

She and Pete are gym buddies. They both meet every morning and exercise alongwith the gossips.

"What are you blabbering" Pete was confused.

Sasha gives him an up eyebrow

"I remember I said that to you few months ago when you were all sad that there is no magic left between you and Vegas . But now you look happy and much younger too. Have you guys sorted out?"

"You don't need to sort out everything. Sometimes welcoming new things can help" Pete says

"Wait, Pete what are you talking about? Are you doing something out of your marriage?"

Pete winks at her

"Pete I know Vegas is not giving you time and things are rough with him but I am sure he loves you, this is wrong "

"Nothing is wrong as long as it keeps you happy Shasha. Ok got to go now . Byee"

And shasha is left there in disbelief.

..........

Vegas comes out of shower, a white towel wrapped around his waist. Water dripping through his hairs. Toned body that could drool anybody but in the same room is Pete , his husband who seems like he has seen it all in all these years and is no more attracted to it. He is busy getting ready for work.

But things are no different on the other side. No matter that Pete is wearing the crop top that was gifted by Vegas and that often led to their steamy nights back in the time but now Vegas doesn't seem to even look at him.

And another regular day with their work and Venice 's school passes

Vegas and Pete were a heart throbbing couple in college almost had an enemy to lovers love story.

It was a smooth road for them. Their families were good with their relationship. They got married and had Venice through adoption after 4 years. But things changed. Though Venice was already 7 years old so they skipped the very initial parenting stage but yet things got busy. There was no time for each other while working and taking care of their child.

Pete had his own interior designing business and Vegas was a sports coach in college. They took their turns to look after Venice, had family days , picnics , dinners , movie nights . A perfect family and did everything to make Venice happy but as soon as those bedroom door closed every night boredom surrounded them. Tiredness overtook the spark they had and all left was just sleeping with their back facing each other.

Vegas was advised by his friends that it's not always necessary to get everything inside a marriage. One can always have a happy family life while having fun outside. After a lot of thinking Vegas decided to get his old vibes back and he doesn't regret it. Even the last night at Mariott was heavenly for him. He could still remember the soft skin of his bed mate yesterday at the hotel.

Pete was led to the fun outside of marriage thing through a magzine secret talk column. He was anyways looking for an escape from this monotonous life and while he couldn't get it the conventional way he looked for it out there and has been loving it since then.

Both have found their way to shed off the boredom and continue a happy family life for Venice.

.........