Crossing Paths Part I

Within the depths of space...was nothing...just stars from far reaches of the universe.

But then something appeared

Something big. Something dark. Something...that wasn't alone.

It was a space station...a PLANET SIZED space station, and surrounding it as if it was the ruler of them all were battleships, some big, others small, but all can strike fear into those who see it.

Inside the very top of this space station was a bridge, all of those who worked were obscured by the lack of light, and all they just did was look at the conditions of the ships or plot out their next move.

Then someone entered the bridge. Though everyone didn't look at it, this figure showed its dominance as its steps rang the metal surface, causing small tremors across the bridge. It kept on walking till it reached the center of the bridge. It kneeled. Then spoke.

"My lord. I am glad to announce that the first phase of your grand plan has succeeded."

At the center of the bridge, sat a person who the figure talked to. Everything on its body was more obscured than others, all that could be seen were its razor sharp hands and eyes that felt like looking at the devil itself.

"And the second phase?" It asked.

"Already underway. The stations have already been set, it won't be long until they are active and ready for phase three." Answered the one who served.

"Good." The 'lord' soon hummed. Everything is going very smoothly. It likes that fact but... something gnawed at it. Normally at this point...something else will appear...something that will ruin the plan. Something...heroic. "Send a battalion to Crosspoint."

"My lord?" The servant asked. This was not what I expected to hear. That place was supposed to be saved for last. Why would its lord suddenly request this?

"Are you aware of the common story of good and evil?" Asked the lord. "Whenever the threat of evil goes to an all out high, a miracle will birth a counterattack to repel and even annihilate the evil, all in the form of heroes."

Heroes? Annihilate? I-Is the servant hearing what it thinks it's hearing? "What are you saying, my lord?"

"The plan has been going well...too well...and like those before me...those who are just like me...I fear that at this very moment...the losing side is about to have a hero bestowed before them." The lord explained before raising its palm. "Deploy the battalion. Find who the hero is...and make sure that he or she along with the inhabitants of that world know that their collision course..."

"Is dominion."

~~~

Hidden underground was a dark vast sanctum. Everything around it was ancient from the wall to the floor, to the several arches that filled the sanctum.

For so long this sanctum lay empty...quiet...remaining untouched and unvisited.

Until today.

Six of the countless arches in the sanctum glowed to life and then-

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

A vortex of colorful gas erupted from within their empty center and soon after...

Voices whispered from within.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaa~"

They got louder

"aaahhhhhhhhhhh."

And louder.

"aaaaaaaAAAHHHH."

Till it screamed!